Best Vitamin Enrichers

ecas12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a pintail fairy wrasse, and from researching their diet it looks like it is recommended to add vitamin enricher to frozen food (i.e. shrimp). What are some recommendations for the best Vitamin enriching products out there? Also, I already feed my fish a pretty wide variety of food (Formula 1 and 2 flakes, Formula 1 pellets, Hikari seaweed extreme pellets, frozen mysis, spirulina brine shrimp), but I also have frozen clams and mussels since I know that those are good food sources for wrasses. How often (weekly) should I be incorporating chopped up shellfish as part of the wrasse's diet?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer to rely on good quality enriched foods. Soaking foods in vitamin mixtures run the risk of overdosing fat soluble ones. Also, the mixtures will rinse off as fast as they soaked in, and once in the water column they just feed bacteria.
The two nutrients that whole seafoods are often deficient in are vitamin E and thiamin.
Jay

OP
OP
E

ecas12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer to rely on good quality enriched foods. Soaking foods in vitamin mixtures run the risk of overdosing fat soluble ones. Also, the mixtures will rinse off as fast as they soaked in, and once in the water column they just feed bacteria.
The two nutrients that whole seafoods are often deficient in are vitamin E and thiamin.
Jay
Would you consider the food I mentioned as quality enriched food? Or if not, do you have any recommendations for better pellet/flake food? I have a good breadth of frozen foods, I am more concerned with dry.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you consider the food I mentioned as quality enriched food? Or if not, do you have any recommendations for better pellet/flake food? I have a good breadth of frozen foods, I am more concerned with dry.
All of those foods except the mysids are enriched with something, the Formula One pellets are great. Those have all the nutrients you could add by top dressing some other food, but bound into the pellet so it doesn't rinse back off.

Jay

Back