Best was to move settings to new laptop Doser 2.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a new laptop tomorrow.

I have the Doser 2.1 setup and running. By the way love this thing.

What is the best way to move all my settings from one laptop to the next.

I am hardwired and not using WiFI

Is only certain files that are needed so I don't have to configure the everything again

Thanks for any advice

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to copy and past this directory from your old computer to your new. It works with old windows (5 years ago) - I have not tested the last years. It will transfer all individual names and descriptions in GCC from the old to the new computer

1602835537033.png

Den här datorn = This computer
Användare = user

Save all settings from GCC first and transfer them to your new computer. I always have my settings at one drive - no transfer needed when changing computer (with same user identification)

1602835633772.png

Sincerely Lasse

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I'm not mistaken, aren't all of the settings stored on the device? The backup files are on the PC. If you connect via GCC on a different device, the current settings should be there. Then just do a backup to the new PC.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but all notes you have done by yourself in GCC like the texts in "description in GCC" disappear when you do a new install of GCC in a new PC. And if you use more than 1 PC for your profilux the texts can be in one - not the others. To copy this directory in Roaming - you will have much of your personal text the same in both installations.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to copy and past this directory from your old computer to your new. It works with old windows (5 years ago) - I have not tested the last years. It will transfer all individual names and descriptions in GCC from the old to the new computer

1602835537033.png

Den här datorn = This computer
Användare = user

Save all settings from GCC first and transfer them to your new computer. I always have my settings at one drive - no transfer needed when changing computer (with same user identification)

1602835633772.png

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks brother... great info...

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only use MyGHL - just go to this page in System - load and saving........

1602836701958.png

Sincerely Lasse
Not using myGHL on the laptop but do on phone. When I got my new phone a few months go everything down perfect.. You comment about backing up to OneDrive is a great idea

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but all notes you have done by yourself in GCC like the texts in "description in GCC" disappear when you do a new install of GCC in a new PC. And if you use more than 1 PC for your profilux the texts can be in one - not the others. To copy this directory in Roaming - you will have much of your personal text the same in both installations.

Sincerely Lasse
This explains a lot with my experiences of some of the labels disappearing. Why GHL don't just save the txt/label to the device? Such a better User experience.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is - but there is limited space. And with the GCC - the limitation in space is not there. In GCC you have two text options - one for the device - one for the GCC. In My GHL - it is only for the device I think

Sincerely Lasse

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree however the cost of chipsets with more NVRAM is nothing compared to the unit cost of a Profilux. I am not sure if they have used most of whats available or not, but doubling (or even quadrupling) whats available "in the next generation" should be a no brainer to make these units more functional.

Or even store it in the unit and have GCC read only the 1 description from the unit.

It's a similar story (improved user experience) of being able to reference these "friendly" names when accessing "Program logic" instead of Program Logic x

Current example

1603071065239.png

but if GHL allowed the use of text fields (descriptive ones entered by users)

1603071244119.png

I could set Socket 16 to use "Eheim feeder trigger"

These little changes to the user experience would open the platform up to the masses who are sometimes put off by what seems to be a "complex" user interface.

And while at it, instead of me setting up "G3" in the above example why can't "Timer 1" be referred to as "Feeding Time"
1603071484755.png

Using labels just makes everything so much more "user friendly" as the labels are already in the Profilux!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back