Best way to buy LOTS of salt

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I’m working on getting my 250 set up along with Finally getting a nice mixing station going. I need salt and for cost and simplicity I’d like to buy in bulk.

BRS only sells in single buckets at most unless I’m missing something.

where and how do you guys get the most quality salt for the lowest price?

Thanks!

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I’m working on getting my 250 set up along with Finally getting a nice mixing station going. I need salt and for cost and simplicity I’d like to buy in bulk.

BRS only sells in single buckets at most unless I’m missing something.

where and how do you guys get the most quality salt for the lowest price?

Thanks!
Depends on brand,Time of year. If you're looking for premium salt brands then your options may be limited to sales like Black Friday and the like. Watch the big online vendors, for the mainstream brands.

OP
OP
Pankney72

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on brand,Time of year. If you're looking for premium salt brands then your options may be limited to sales like Black Friday and the like. Watch the big online vendors, for the mainstream brands.
That’s very believable. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

KentuckyKobra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're not too picky on salt brands, you can always get instant ocean on sale. The sales happen all the time and 200 gallon boxes can be had for under $40.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From where?
From whomever has the salt brand I want on sale the time I'm looking. I just start using Google and see whom has the cheapest price. Different companies run sales at different times. Some times you have to wait for sales. I also check the forum here as well. There are usually posts when salts go on sale

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For instant ocean petco runs sales all the time. You haven't stated the brand you use so it's really vague as to what you are looking for. That may help narrow your search down. Like if you use fritz

OP
OP
Pankney72

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For instant ocean petco runs sales all the time. You haven't stated the brand you use so it's really vague as to what you are looking for. That may help narrow your search down. Like if you use fritz
Vague on purpose. I currently run fritz RPM. But if I found Red Sea or Marin for the right price I would start a slow shift over to a new salt.

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been waiting for a sale on IO but the cheapest i can figure are bags from Amazon and only order one or two at a time because the box always busts open.

stovenut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instant Ocean Reef Crystals is almost always on sale somewhere either in buckets or boxes. I have gotten it on sale on Amazon, Petco and Chewy. I can usually find the boxes for less than $45 and the buckets for around $35.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use IORC and reg IO on my reef and predator tanks respectively. Its always on sale at either petco and petsmart, they both carry both 160g buckets. To me availability is everything, and those are very highly used salts.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think he needs a super sack of IO. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :p

OP
OP
Pankney72

Pankney72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he needs a super sack of IO. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :p

Heck yeah.

Back