Best way to hook rodi for ato?

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. I want to know the best and safest way to have my rodi directly top off my rsr 350.

twwety

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a float valve to an ATO reservoir with a sensor to detect if it get to high(incase the float valve gets stuck open) which closes the solenoid valve on the RODI line. Then a use pmup to fill the tank from the ATO reservoir the pump only turns on once an hour and only allowed to run up to a minute if it tries to run any longer its disabled until I reset it. Also a leak detector next to the sump and reservoir that turns ofj the whole thing if it detects a leak.
Looks like rsr 350 has a built in float valve for top off? you could add a senor to detect if the water level in the sump gets to high and a solenoid on the RO line to cut it off just incase the float valve gets stuck open.

OP
OP
R

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a float valve to an ATO reservoir with a sensor to detect if it get to high(incase the float valve gets stuck open) which closes the solenoid valve on the RODI line. Then a use pmup to fill the tank from the ATO reservoir the pump only turns on once an hour and only allowed to run up to a minute if it tries to run any longer its disabled until I reset it. Also a leak detector next to the sump and reservoir that turns ofj the whole thing if it detects a leak.
Looks like rsr 350 has a built in float valve for top off? you could add a senor to detect if the water level in the sump gets to high and a solenoid on the RO line to cut it off just incase the float valve gets stuck open.
Will that simple float valve actually stop the flow from the RODI?

twwety

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it'll stop it. I always get paranoid that a cord or hose will get caught on it and I wont notice but if its unobstructed then there's no worries.

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used float valves for years and actually never had one fail. With my luck my floor will be flooded when I get home
I’m kind of using the same set up mentioned above except instead of a pump from my reservoir it gravity feeds to a float valve mounted in my sump. I also have a Highwater float switch that will shut off a solenoid and cut water to the float valve. It also helps when you’re doing a water change because you can shut that solenoid off (manually)so your ATO doesn’t continually fill that chamber if the water level gets too low

OP
OP
R

Robb1821i

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used float valves for years and actually never had one fail. With my luck my floor will be flooded when I get home
I’m kind of using the same set up mentioned above except instead of a pump from my reservoir it gravity feeds to a float valve mounted in my sump. I also have a Highwater float switch that will shut off a solenoid and cut water to the float valve. It also helps when you’re doing a water change because you can shut that solenoid off (manually)so your ATO doesn’t continually fill that chamber if the water level gets too low
I want to do something like that directly to the sump. I'll need a selenoid before the rodi to not have waste water still going right?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back