Best way to remove established corals from rocks if I'm wanting to dry and reuse them?

OdinPrime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be breaking down my two year old 90 gallon reef tank in about six months. I'm building a new home, and will be relocated into a smaller place while the construction finishes. What do people typically do with the corals on rocks that cant be easily fragged? Several of my large pieces are covered in Zoas/GHP/Mushrooms. I'd be happy to trade/sell them, but all of my rocks in the tank that coral hasnt grown over yet are COVERED in vermetid snails. Along with that are a healthy amount of aptasia mixed in with the corals.

Whats the best course of action in my case? I dont have the heart to just kill all the corals on the rocks, but I also dont think anyone is going to want to buy my sloppy (but still beautiful dangit!) colonies.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t sound impossible. Get the word out to a local reef club. Someone is going to want to dip these corals and also introduce them to their Copperband Butterfly fish that will make a fast meal out of those Aptasias. Good luck bud!!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back