Bet you've never seen a clown host like this...

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No words needed...

20180221_134248.jpg

20180221_134245_1.gif

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine actually lives in a duncan all day then at night sleeps on the powerhead haha

OP
OP
NanoCrazed

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually that is exactly how my Lighting Maroons resided. Used to drive me nuts!!!!

Get out and swim around the tank already. ;Shifty

Looks like salty one is recovering nicely.:rolleyes:
I was worried that he wouldn't make it but he perks up when food arrives, eats, and goes back to lounging on the nozzle... strangest part is he keeps his mouth partially above the waterline.

Hard time deciding whether to name him "salty" or "lazy as$" at this point...

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that one of those 5 gallon Fluval tanks? The female will quickly outgrow that.

OP
OP
NanoCrazed

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that one of those 5 gallon Fluval tanks? The female will quickly outgrow that.
Good eye... it is.

When the clowns get big, they'll get re-homed to a larger tank at home. This particular tank is on my office desk...

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just got one of those tanks last weekend for my son to keep freshwater shrimp and small fish in.

Are they new? Hopefully that female lightens up on the male. They can be pretty rough. Also, even if you buy them as a bonded pair I have seen a female kill a male after getting them home. Good luck with them.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL That's awesome! Love the GIF!

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest it looks like the female has the male cowering up there to get away from her. Of course it is a very short GIF but that is what it looks like to me.

urfavoritehoboinkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 5 gal. spec it’s Mostly SPS! I traded out my snowflake clown for a single lightening maroon for a better guarantee that it’d host my anemone & it did. I highly suggest putting a hang on the back aqua fuge if you can sacrifice the view from one side.

OP
OP
NanoCrazed

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest it looks like the female has the male cowering up there to get away from her. Of course it is a very short GIF but that is what it looks like to me.
They actually paired up and established pecking order during QT. She ignores him most of the time...except when I start paying attention to him. Then she comes by from the other end of the tank to harass him for a tiny bit.

It's actually funny... when they were in breeder box and I placed an blind separator, he swims normal... minute he sees her, he flops to his side and stays like that for awhile. Guess it's a sign of submission like puppies... :/

OP
OP
NanoCrazed

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the latest saga, I cleaned my tank today and noticed the return flow being non-existent. After fumbling, i found a baby snail lodged inside the nozzle... but after I corrected this, "lazy as$" decided to go hang by the overflow. And by the overflow, it was more like right on it...

He swims away occasionally, and then purposely swims back and let the suction pull him in. I moved him away with a straw...and yet again, he runs back to the grate...

Strangest clown, I've own to date...but migh just be my favorite since he's so weird...

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a Picasso and an Acan Echinata?! Plenty of Duncan's, hammers, torches, RFA. Shrooms, toads, etc! Silly clowns!;Joyful

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back