Beta Tester Program Update

Discussion in 'MindStream' started by Step Ahead Innovations, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Step Ahead Innovations

Step Ahead Innovations Member

We have recently been receiving a number of inquiries from people interested in participating in our beta test program. We already have a number of beta tester backers from Kickstarter, and we will be reaching out to those individuals through the Kickstarter platform when it's time to move forward. If you are interested in being a MindStream monitor beta tester, the best way to get on our list for consideration is to subscribe to our website at www.MindStreamH2O.com and check off the box entitled “Focus Groups/Beta Tester.” If you are selected, we will get in touch with you when we are ready to kick off the program in early 2016. Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Tags:

2. California Reef Co.

California Reef Co. Member

We would love to beta test your product, subscribed.

This monitor if it functions as stated, will be a game changer in this industry.

3. bsstover

bsstover Acroholic R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

I was one of the Kickstarter backers but I'd really be interested in being a beta tester as well.

4. MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Showcase Editor

You're subscribe/submit button doesn't link to anything. Or at least there's no confirmation that it was submitted.

5. Step Ahead Innovations

Step Ahead Innovations Member

@MrDJeep123
    Once you click "Subscribe," you should get an email to the address you provided to confirm your subscription. If that doesn't happen, it may not have gone through, and you should try again. Let us know if you have any further issues!

6. Topside Reef

Topside Reef Member

It worked for me I Just subscribed and got the confirmation email in less than a minute

7. MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Showcase Editor

The subscribe button does nothing after filing out the form for me. No emails, no confirmation. I've checked every folder as well. When I try to right click to open in a new window, the subscribe button doesn't link to anything. The other links on the website appear to work fine. *Shrugs*

At least it works for someone! lol Thanks for the help, however.

8. Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life Brain Coral Enthusiast R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

Just Subbed, would love to beta test your product it sounds very innovative and interesting. This could bring the aquarium industry into the next era

9. AdamNC

AdamNC Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Subscribed. Would love to test this on a nano tank seeing how quickly parameters can change and how much this device can keep up.

10. ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist Valuable Member

Surprised how so many people now want to Beta Test when there were few people who initially even signed up.

I believe there were only 13 of us overall.

Its good to see we are still being considered :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Reduck likes this.
  11. fiji4118

fiji4118 Active Member

Subscribed. Love to test how altitude (Denver) effects the unit.

12. Tek

Tek Active Member

Signed up. I work in IT due to my love of electronics and would enjoy testing something this revolutionary. My goal has always been to fully automate my tank if possible and this would be a huge part of that goal.

13. underwaterdan

underwaterdan Well-Known Member

Used to work in IT and I'm comfortable with technology but also give it the approach as a lay person due to my current position. Would love to be in on your beta testing.

14. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Spotlight Award Partner Member 2018

Can you explain the rules and commitments for a beta tester, it might be on your website but I'm lazy today.
    Wasn't it when kickstarter was still on that beta testers had to pay for their beta unit, is this still one of the commitments?

ReefMadScientist likes this.
  15. ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist Valuable Member

That is what I thought as well Diesel. As I mentioned, only 13 people even signed up for the beta...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  16. AdamNC

AdamNC Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Hmm every beta testing I've done has been free but did have to pay for the shipping and sign a contract that I'd give weekly feedback and not disclose information to the general public. Why would I pay for something not tested and proven?

17. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Reef Spotlight Award Partner Member 2018

Maybe they changed it as they will provide the units to the hobbyist but it would be fair to go with the original backers from Kickstarter first before picking any new testers.
    The original I believe around 13 were ready to put down I believe $495 for a test unit.
    Lets just wait and see if SAI will chime in soon to clear this up.

fiji4118 likes this.
  18. fiji4118

fiji4118 Active Member

+1. You backers should definitely get first dibs.

19. AdamNC

Yea I agree the original Kickstarters should get crack at it first before anyone else.

20. robbous

robbous Member

I signed up via the web site, i am from New Hampshire and have a 500 gallon ( 700 total) reef/fish tank SPS acro dominated and would love to test this product.

Draft saved Draft deleted