Beta Tester Program Update

Discussion in 'MindStream' started by Step Ahead Innovations, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018

That's what I said.
    I was originally one of the backers but backed out due to reasons.
    Btw, I'm not interested to be another beta tester, just wanted to bring up some points.

ReefMadScientist likes this.

2. Reduck

Reduck ^ His name is Trent R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I'd be willing to beta test in a heartbeat now. And yes, I was one of your first Kickstarter early delivery backers, but not for beta program.
    Get this going!!

Diesel likes this.
  3. 7hogwarts

7hogwarts Active Member R2R Supporter

I subscribed to be a beta tester. I'm not an IT person. So, if I can figure this out, anyone can.
    FWIW, I have been keeping saltwater for 38 years. I was a backer on KickStarter. If Mindstream does what it claims, this will be the most revolutionary product to ever hit reefing.

4. mazoli

mazoli (re)Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Subscribed. 100gallom sps reef.

5. LiveWire

LiveWire Active Member R2R Supporter

Subscribed. 180 gallon reef, 29 gallon freshwater planted biocube.

6. jan4scuba

jan4scuba Member

Can't wait to see this come to fruition. Currently with 2 Nanos a day a midsized drop-off about to be built.

7. bsstover

bsstover Acroholic R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

Any updates on availability of product or beta tester program?

8. ReefMadScientist

ReefMadScientist Valuable Member

Even before I decided to leave the hobby, I paid to be an original U.S. beta tester. I decided I will not follow this action due to the lack of communication the company has demonstrated with their "kick starters". I was told I was going to be contacted in a few weeks, after the Kickstarter ended, but never heard from them again.

Good luck with the biz.

timkenagy and Diesel like this.
  9. timkenagy

timkenagy ~Unashamed 116~

Almost like it's all a rooze huh?

ReefMadScientist and TheEngineer like this.
  10. Bryman

Bryman Member

Well I think their biggest challenge is raising enough capital. I just received an email from them via kickstarter asking if I wanted to be an equity investor for a minimum of 25k.

11. Diesel

Diesel String Stalker. R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018

Are you kidding!?!
    They mentioned and I can look that up in one of the threads that they didn't needed a capital to launch this product.

timkenagy, 143MPCo and kschweer like this.
  12. timkenagy

At first it was an amazing concept that sounded almost to good to be true. Then as the years have gone by (literally, coming next spring.. Every year for like 3 years now) it's gotten to the point of sketchy. I would've happily let them use my system as a dummy tank.. I would've even absorbed some of the cost. But at this point I wouldn't trust any money that way until a proven product is released. You can only tease a product for so long.. No matter how good it appears to be.

13. Bryman

Bryman Member

Unfortunately not kidding. Email:
    Step Ahead Innovations, Inc. says:

Hello Bryan,

I'm CEO of Step Ahead Innovations, creators of the MindStream aquarium monitor. Thank you for pledging us on Kickstarter and for all your interest during our campaign! You were our 210th backer!

We are currently raising equity capital to help complete product development/testing and get the MindStream monitor to market. Would you be interested in considering an equity investment in our company? Minimum investment is $25,000. If so, please send an email to me atBDegen@StepAheadInnovations.com so we can be in touch.

Kindest regards, Brian Degen

14. Bryman

Bryman Member

At this point I am just hoping another established company (cough, Neptune, cough) would just come out with an Alk monitor. That's all we really need to know all the time anyways.

15. FDAWG

FDAWG Active Member

^ Yes, I would be more than happy with that.

16. thenanoreef

thenanoreef Active Member

Yeah, somethings not right about the whole thing. I was interested in the idea at first, but I seriously doubt that it will ever become a real product. Or maybe in 10 years it will coat $1000. Plus, why should product testers pay to test a product. Just my .02 cents

17. Reef kid

Reef kid Active Member

Are you still accepting beta testers?

18. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Partner Member 2018 Build Thread Contributor

That's the issue, they say they want testers but yet never release anything besides emails asking for more cash. Kind of glad I decided against becoming one early during kickstarter. Hopefully it happens, I'll get one after it does. I'm in no hurry

ReefMadScientist likes this.
  19. timkenagy

Well that email kinda confirms at the very least they're in financial woes. If the product is real, and unless the screen shots of all the data was faked in order to fool us then it is indeed a real product.. Then I would think it's in their best interest to shop out the product to companies like coralvue, Neptune, or Ecotech .. Someone with the capital.. If it can truly do what they claim it can do then all the top companies would love to have it. Not only have the equity to get to launch.. But the equity to get the quality there too. After all this and launch a product that only somewhat works.. Would sink forever.. People will already be leery now spending $6-$700 after 3-4 years of empty promises.... It not my company.. But if it was I'd be looking to sell to the highest bidder why there's still some value left... if the technology really is possible.. One of those companies is eventually going to beat you there anyway at this rate.

20. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2018 Article Contributor

Spent some time at MACNA at their booth as testing is an area of interest. The unit works and you could see it work the problem is getting the money to have it produced. There was talk of bigger companies interested in the tech. I think the issue is the gamble that there is enough people that would want the product. The Kickstarter show there was some interest but not enough to fund the product to come to market. Which to investors is not a good sign. I know their are people working on Alk monitor right now just not far enough in testing to talk about it yet.

revhtree likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted