Beta testers- (4)- $50 SBB Gift Card- We need 4 people to help us beta test some auctions for 90 minutes. Award $50 SBB GC each

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some that seemed different than what I typed, but my phone has a cracked screen, so I have trouble in general seeing through it.
I had one time that it came up with an error of please input numeric values only. I attributed it to me fat fingering a letter on my phone instead of a number, but I can’t be sure now that it’s mentioned. It did only happened once and I was trying to input values quickly so it’s likely that I accidentally typed in a letter.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I had one time that it came up with an error of please input numeric values only. I attributed it to me fat fingering a letter on my phone instead of a number, but I can’t be sure now that it’s mentioned. It did only happened once and I was trying to input values quickly so it’s likely that I accidentally typed in a letter.
thank yuou

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be typing a proxy and watch the bid run past the proxy I was typing. started adding a 0 to the end then.

Silv3rSubieDude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Firefox on mobile wouldn't let me get to PayPal so switched browsers and checked out with the same problem of doing one at a time. Other than that it was all good

ELM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as well, with the proxy, a popup came up with "you can't bid against yourself" if the current bid was lower than the biggest proxy I placed.
  • I'm on iPhone 13 Pro Max, for reference.
  • I'm duking it out with iCloud and can't load screenshots. Please let me know if they'd be helpful and I'll keep at it.
  • I had the same problem with the red popup above the box to enter an amount saying I can't bid against myself if someone bid lower than my proxy.
  • I'm not sure if you have any control over the placement of that red box, but it often covers up critical information (ie, who made the last bid and for how much--I want to know who I'm bidding against and whether it's a proxy bid).
  • And due to the lag placing proxy bids, I watched as I was outbid (sometimes I could see it behind the proxy bid overlay) for ~30 seconds with no ability to do anything about it. If that is by design, you really need to let the user know.
  • In addition, after placing a proxy bid, the spinners for all the items on the page read "Loading bids" so it felt like you were dead in the water while the proxy bid was made, and then it often was already outbid.
  • Entering a proxy bid acts like an actual bid!! I'm not sure if this happens all the time as the scrolling bids went by really fast and then the item disappeared. There was an item at around 1:57 (zoa with green eyelashes). crstahanczyk bid $14,000,001, I entered a proxy bid of $99,999,996 and it was instantly bid instead of being treated like a high bid.
  • It would be great if there were an indication of what the blue highlight around the "Proxy Bid" means. Does it mean that you recently clicked it? That you have a proxy bid in place? Not sure.
  • I tried to leave open the proxy popup until the last second but in a few cases it disappeared. That may be by design, but if so, it's very frustrating -- let the user know what you're trying to achieve and what to expect.
  • It would be great if you could tell what your proxy bid was so you know where you stand.
  • Dream wish is to see how much I've already spent and on what, really easily, while bidding in a close auction
  • One dollar auto-increments make it really clear that someone has a proxy bid. That would definitely influence my behavior.
  • If you try to add a new proxy bid you may see a message that "someone" outbid you, even if it's your own bid.
  • If you enter a bid amount on the main screen and then hit "Bid Now" it works. But if you enter a bid amount on the main screen and then hit "Proxy Bid", a popup comes up for your proxy bid. After it spins for what feels like a VERY long time in the heat of the moment, your original bid is still in the white box. Maybe one or the other would be less confusing.
  • Because proxy was so slow, I tried to bid high in the last second with the "Bid Now" but I couldn't tell if my bid was accepted because it disappeared.
  • Clicking on another page (number at bottom of screen) caused everything to hang for a long while
  • On mobile, it's difficult to keep the contents of the screen centered. I am able to scroll left and right, just enough to not be able to see either the time remaining on the right, or the left side with the high bid (and the left side of the proxy bid popup). Really frustrating in the moment to have to fiddle with something like that. Not sure if that's baked into the screen breakpoints/grid or if that can be modified so everything is locked on the screen horizontally.
  • I did not see a way to pay for all the items at once. I saw a screenshot of a button at the top but I didn't see that on my phone. I only paid for one item; please let me know if you'd like me to pay for the rest.
  • I never do auctions on my phone because I've heard it's much harder, and now I see why. I would never do that on my phone again. It was confusing, screen real estate could have been much better utilized, notifications could have been better, the user experience was not great. I realize some of these things may be due to the software and not tweakable. And maybe I'm just really old, lol.
  • If you ever want a grammar check, I'm your girl, if you dare, lol

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  • I'm on iPhone 13 Pro Max, for reference.
  • I'm duking it out with iCloud and can't load screenshots. Please let me know if they'd be helpful and I'll keep at it.
  • I had the same problem with the red popup above the box to enter an amount saying I can't bid against myself if someone bid lower than my proxy.
  • I'm not sure if you have any control over the placement of that red box, but it often covers up critical information (ie, who made the last bid and for how much--I want to know who I'm bidding against and whether it's a proxy bid).
  • And due to the lag placing proxy bids, I watched as I was outbid (sometimes I could see it behind the proxy bid overlay) for ~30 seconds with no ability to do anything about it. If that is by design, you really need to let the user know.
  • In addition, after placing a proxy bid, the spinners for all the items on the page read "Loading bids" so it felt like you were dead in the water while the proxy bid was made, and then it often was already outbid.
  • Entering a proxy bid acts like an actual bid!! I'm not sure if this happens all the time as the scrolling bids went by really fast and then the item disappeared. There was an item at around 1:57 (zoa with green eyelashes). crstahanczyk bid $14,000,001, I entered a proxy bid of $99,999,996 and it was instantly bid instead of being treated like a high bid.
  • It would be great if there were an indication of what the blue highlight around the "Proxy Bid" means. Does it mean that you recently clicked it? That you have a proxy bid in place? Not sure.
  • I tried to leave open the proxy popup until the last second but in a few cases it disappeared. That may be by design, but if so, it's very frustrating -- let the user know what you're trying to achieve and what to expect.
  • It would be great if you could tell what your proxy bid was so you know where you stand.
  • Dream wish is to see how much I've already spent and on what, really easily, while bidding in a close auction
  • One dollar auto-increments make it really clear that someone has a proxy bid. That would definitely influence my behavior.
  • If you try to add a new proxy bid you may see a message that "someone" outbid you, even if it's your own bid.
  • If you enter a bid amount on the main screen and then hit "Bid Now" it works. But if you enter a bid amount on the main screen and then hit "Proxy Bid", a popup comes up for your proxy bid. After it spins for what feels like a VERY long time in the heat of the moment, your original bid is still in the white box. Maybe one or the other would be less confusing.
  • Because proxy was so slow, I tried to bid high in the last second with the "Bid Now" but I couldn't tell if my bid was accepted because it disappeared.
  • Clicking on another page (number at bottom of screen) caused everything to hang for a long while
  • On mobile, it's difficult to keep the contents of the screen centered. I am able to scroll left and right, just enough to not be able to see either the time remaining on the right, or the left side with the high bid (and the left side of the proxy bid popup). Really frustrating in the moment to have to fiddle with something like that. Not sure if that's baked into the screen breakpoints/grid or if that can be modified so everything is locked on the screen horizontally.
  • I did not see a way to pay for all the items at once. I saw a screenshot of a button at the top but I didn't see that on my phone. I only paid for one item; please let me know if you'd like me to pay for the rest.
  • I never do auctions on my phone because I've heard it's much harder, and now I see why. I would never do that on my phone again. It was confusing, screen real estate could have been much better utilized, notifications could have been better, the user experience was not great. I realize some of these things may be due to the software and not tweakable. And maybe I'm just really old, lol.
  • If you ever want a grammar check, I'm your girl, if you dare, lol

thanks please message us for your GC

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back