OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is why they have been sending them out to various folks for testing on these new ones.
If hanna has taught me anything, its to not buy a handheld checker for at least 4-5 months after they are released.

ocd_reefer

over-indulger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are awesome right out of the gate. Liquid regent? Check. Thank god. Hopefully the timeout is acceptable also.

CalmSeasQuest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they are awesome right out of the gate. Liquid regent? Check. Thank god. Hopefully the timeout is acceptable also.
+1

It looks like the CA version requires 2 reagents (at least it appears they are both liquid.) The timeout issues are better on the ALK, now Hanna need to produce liquid PO4 reagents :)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no kidding.. I HATE those powedered packets.. you never feel like you get it all in the vial.

MVlk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the 2nd picture in the Reef Builders article link... sure looks like a box of powder reagent to me?!?!

Reggie

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the 2nd picture in the Reef Builders article link... sure looks like a box of powder reagent to me?!?!

Yup, looks like it. :( You can also see that liquid reagent is labeled as REAGENT A.

API has been my reliable calcium kit to test where my calcium levels are at -- not exact but it gives me a ballpark figure on where my system's at.

I do use the KH Hanna Checker and I really like it. What I want however is a Mg and Nitrate Checker.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the freakin steps that are in mag/cal tests, I'm sure the hanna will be a much easier task. i'm honestly just wanting accuracy as much as convenience.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bate testing is done. They should be ready to ship out in July. I got an email saying in mid July. Cant wait to us mine when comes in.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I saw a vendor on another thread post that you could go ahead and pre order for the same time.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back