Beth's Rainbow, 33g cube w- 20g long display fuge

bbeth247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I'm Beth in Denver and I love all things related to fish, but I wanted to wait until we got our new floors until I got my first saltwater system started.

It only took 20 years. After I managed to deconstruct and get rid of most of my gear, I had a huge credit at the LFS (Fish Den, thank you MJ and Michael). So from, 12 fresh systems to one, the 75g Rubbermaid "pond" in the backyard and this thing, The Rainbow!

I mean, that's why we like these, right? The color, the diversity, the aggravation, the work, tiny water boxes full of joy and pain. Did I mention how much money I don't have right now?

Here's where we're at now:

5-10-2022

$0.00. 33g cube, with tight-fitting (except the back) glass lid: History, I'm an interior decorator and a client gave it to me.
$0.00. 20g long, black lid with acrylic panel insert for lighting: History, gift after the daughter of a friend lost interest. I advised on the purchase with the expectation that she'd either have 3 more tanks in a year thanks to yours truly or lose interest and I'd get to HAVE it. Yay!?
$0.00. Lil nano internal filter thing I chucked some sponge in to start circulation and building some media.
$40.00. 20lbs CaribSea aragonite sand, not the super fine stuff. I think this is the weight I prefer for cleaning, it's not too powdery, and this is really an itty bitty tank for eeny weenie inhabitants, and they'll want to dig this stuff up.
$50.00. Heater.
$150.00. 30lbs dry rock.
$12 ? 10g Marine hob, chucked MOAR sponge in there to get my qt filter all juiced up.
$120.00? Current LED Orbit Marine LED. Came missing parts, what the heck?

Running Total (financial accountability anyone?) I'll get around to making this better.

$0.00

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back