• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Beware of Buyer - Brianifkovits Not Legit

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

crezguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This person with user name Brianifkovits bought Reef Octopus 150 and paid through paypal. After delivery he said its broken. He raised a case with Paypal. But he never sent any pictures but he raised a case and also did refund request.

I got suspicious and reached out paypal and said about this and shared my documents, shipping pics. Finally Paypal had a hold on my money and case was in investigation.

I gave mu docs and said i will send the money back with item return. This guy never responded and today got closed in my favour.

@revhtree Please have this userid Brianifkovits marked as scammer.

Post of my selling thread - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/selling-used-reef-octopus-classic-150-int-160.802484/

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to say this, that’s why if I sell anything you must have feedback. This guy literally sent one message in his life here. I’d never sell to anyone like that even if they’re truly new and just starting out. Not taking the risk.

OP
OP
C

crezguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But there is a downside as well. Two days back in my livestock sale, a newbie posted and said he wanted to buy and he only signed up that day. He said he wanted to come and see corals and then pay for. I said no and about the story. He sent the money first and said he will come and pick up as he was in Springfield VA.

Totally Genuine guy. He came in and bought more stuff. Sometimes we will be wrong when judging book by its covers. The only way is PayPal Sales and goods and feedback system.

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But there is a downside as well. Two days back in my livestock sale, a newbie posted and said he wanted to buy and he only signed up that day. He said he wanted to come and see corals and then pay for. I said no and about the story. He sent the money first and said he will come and pick up as he was in Springfield VA.

Totally Genuine guy. He came in and bought more stuff. Sometimes we will be wrong when judging book by its covers. The only way is PayPal Sales and goods and feedback system.
Now if this person would’ve said I’m willing to meet up with you to buy it then I totally agree! Can’t judge a book that way! But if it’s through PayPal, then there’s still a chance where it could go totally wrong.
Anytime someone says, I’d like to meet up, I’m all for that! No shipping and taxes!

Im down here in Staunton VA. One of these days when I go back up to Stafford, I need to see you’re coral.haha
We people in the hills don’t get over the mountain much.....

OP
OP
C

crezguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go. Here's mine PXL_20210304_151327840.jpg

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the only way I can buy from you is PayPal, I just won't buy from you. I ordered salt on line from a "company" and never received it. They claim that it was delivered and signed for inside delivery. The person who signed for it doesn't live here, we do not accept inside delivery because of COVID and the item delivered weighed 2.3 lbs. We're talking about 55 lbs. of salt here folks! Anyway they had this bogus delivery sheet associated with my tracking number so they forged the whole thing. PayPal bought it hook, line and sinker. I'll never use PayPal again.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the only way I can buy from you is PayPal, I just won't buy from you. I ordered salt on line from a "company" and never received it. They claim that it was delivered and signed for inside delivery. The person who signed for it doesn't live here, we do not accept inside delivery because of COVID and the item delivered weighed 2.3 lbs. We're talking about 55 lbs. of salt here folks! Anyway they had this bogus delivery sheet associated with my tracking number so they forged the whole thing. PayPal bought it hook, line and sinker. I'll never use PayPal again.
Side note....I'd love a way to donate here other than PayPal but alas....still no visa or Mastercard option....so I keep waiting I guess...

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if this person would’ve said I’m willing to meet up with you to buy it then I totally agree! Can’t judge a book that way! But if it’s through PayPal, then there’s still a chance where it could go totally wrong.
Anytime someone says, I’d like to meet up, I’m all for that! No shipping and taxes!

Im down here in Staunton VA. One of these days when I go back up to Stafford, I need to see you’re coral.haha
We people in the hills don’t get over the mountain much.....
Yo! Staunton! Port Perry says Hello! Hope all is good.....

Back