BI Color Angel Dead in QT

Giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have a Brown Powder Tang and a Bi-Color Angel in a QT tank for 9 days now.

The Bi-Color I just watched die :( , he was spinning around and not looking good.
The tang is fine, the Angel was fine all day then all of a sudden gone.

Ammonia .25
Nitrates 0
Nitrates 0
Alkalinity 8.9
PH 8

I did a 30% water change in hopes it would help him survive but it was too late.

I dosed Cupramine 2 days ago and Cooper is at .25.

I hate to say this but I have had better luck just adding them to the main tank and they thrive, I know its a gamble but its frustrating.

Could I add AMGaurd to get ammonia down Cupramine says not to add any removers?

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Afterburner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a bunch of water changes to dilute the copper would help. I don't QT anymore and have not had any issues...... but all I need is one bad fish and that all changes. I do have a small nano tank with just corals that I could use as a QT, but I hardly ever do. I know it is taking a gamble when I bring fish home I catch, but the ones I get from my LFS are already in copper when I buy them. Sometimes if the fish is relatively new there, I ask them to hold them for a couple of weeks for me. This actually worked once as the fish died after the first week.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not good advice.

Is the tank cycled? How are you testing copper?

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you struggle with QT. Remember, you can QT without meds and just simply monitor the new fish for a few weeks. This gets the fish used to your schedule for lights/feedings etc. The benefit is you can ensure the fish is eating without competition and healthy before going into a DT. My2cents. Best wishes!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Bicolor Angel is one of the most beautiful fish for the home aquarium, and a great bang-for-the-buck. Unfortunately I have tried two (2) over the years, and neither survived very long. I debate whether I have the heart to try a third time-- but very sorry for your loss. Maybe give it another-go. ;Inpain

OP
OP
Giordano

Giordano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Bicolor Angel is one of the most beautiful fish for the home aquarium, and a great bang-for-the-buck. Unfortunately I have tried two (2) over the years, and neither survived very long. I debate whether I have the heart to try a third time-- but very sorry for your loss. Maybe give it another-go. ;Inpain
thanks it is sad

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back