Bi-color Foxface and Chloroquine Phosphate

Jurgen Frenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a Bi-color Foxface tolerate CP treatment? I know Magnificent fox faces typically can't do to my anecdotal experience with the the Mag FF.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've treated numerous rabbitfish with CP (including both Magnificent and Bicolor) without any issues.

OP
OP
Jurgen Frenz

Jurgen Frenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've treated numerous rabbitfish with CP (including both Magnificent and Bicolor) without any issues.
I have treated with Ick Shield Powder AKa CP twice and both times my Mag Foxface didn't eat and looked lethargic. Anyway this Mag FF I have now was treated with Hypo for 4 weeks and did fine. Then I had a velvet outbreak in my Redsea reefer so I saved all my fish thanks to your procedure. I then placed the Mag FF and Bicolor in a 20 gallon QT with CP in it. The Mag then began to act lethargic and twitch. I ruled out the possibility of flukes. I was also adding Kanaplex and metro. Then about 4 days inn on CP I remembered that I had my Mag FF struggle with CP before so I quickly removed him and now it's in Cupramine. This is why I think Mag FF's may struggle with CP. Again completely anecdotal and not a big enough sample size of course. Just a precaution I guess. Thanks for the Bicolor I feel more comfortable keeping him in cp right now.

Back