Bicinctus clownfish seem reluctant to visit Gigantea

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked up a few references ..some say bicinctus will go in gigs.. Mine are scared off by the strong sting ..and run to my sebae instead..Will they ever settle in a gig ? anyone here have that combo work before ??

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looked up a few references ..some say bicinctus will go in gigs.. Mine are scared off by the strong sting ..and run to my sebae instead..Will they ever settle in a gig ? anyone here have that combo work before ??

I looked it up in my copy of Fautin and Allen - they list S. gigantea as a host for A. bicinctus, but there certainly could be a preferential thing going on here....I mean, I'll eat lima beans, but I prefer French Fries (grin).

Jay

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked it up in my copy of Fautin and Allen - they list S. gigantea as a host for A. bicinctus, but there certainly could be a preferential thing going on here....I mean, I'll eat lima beans, but I prefer French Fries (grin).

Jay
Agreed... I thought my research was correct .. 2 of my larger gigs are super sticky ..they must have a potent sting maybe in time they'll get acclimated to them...

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Give it some time, if they have a host they’re happy with, they won’t move until the gig becomes more attractive to them.

My ocellaris pair hosted their magnifica for a year before they switched to one of my gigs (which they did just a couple months ago). I have a second mag that they completely ignore.

They decided to move partially because the gig offered better protected egg-laying options and also because I moved the gigs’ closer to the mag.

OP
OP
H

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update : the pair now , finally go in 3 of the 5 gigs in the tank ..they have made home (sleep in it every night) of the largest Gig - which is about 16" in dia..

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back