Bicolor Blenny with an attitude!

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wanted to share my experience with my Bicolor Blenny. He is a super cool fish with lots of personality and 'tude! My research (admittedly limited) says these guys are reef safe. . . and mine is. . . unless the reef is in his territory.

My rocks are drilled for frag plugs and the blenny loves to chill in the holes. . . and you better not put a frag in a hole he likes (even if he doesn't use it) cause he will push/knock the frag out and onto the ground. . . or if you are my new montipora he might might bite your polyps to show you whose boss. . .

I don't plan on removing my blenny, though I did move some of my frags away from his territory. . .

Anyway, just wanted to share.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my experience with my Bicolor Blenny. He is a super cool fish with lots of personality and 'tude! My research (admittedly limited) says these guys are reef safe. . . and mine is. . . unless the reef is in his territory.

My rocks are drilled for frag plugs and the blenny loves to chill in the holes. . . and you better not put a frag in a hole he likes (even if he doesn't use it) cause he will push/knock the frag out and onto the ground. . . or if you are my new montipora he might might bite your polyps to show you whose boss. . .

I don't plan on removing my blenny, though I did move some of my frags away from his territory. . .

This is something Escenius are known for and I believe it is part of their diet in the wild as they feed on the zooxanthellae (I think this is what I read about them). If you have a second tank that isn’t SPS territory then you could move him into there maybe.

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is something Escenius are known for and I believe it is part of their diet in the wild as they feed on the zooxanthellae (I think this is what I read about them). If you have a second tank that isn’t SPS territory then you could move him into there maybe.
Dang, that is a shame too here, as I just added a few SPS, think my other tank is way too small for this guy, it’s only 5 gallons.

maybe this is why “limited“ research isn’t such a good thing ha ha. Just did some more reading, and now the bunny must go, I’ll try and get him into the 5 gallon overnight and then to the pet store tomorrow.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, that is a shame too here, as I just added a few SPS, think my other tank is way too small for this guy, it’s only 5 gallons.

maybe this is why “limited“ research isn’t such a good thing ha ha. Just did some more reading, and now the bunny must go, I’ll try and get him into the 5 gallon overnight and then to the pet store tomorrow.
It’s a shame when it happens, I had a lineatus that just destroyed acros in my tank and I finally moved him into my Softie/LPS heavy tank to see if a larger tank may help with coral nipping.

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LOL, reminds me of my grumpy bicolor! He does the same thing with pushing frag plugs out of the holes I try to put them in temporarily. One time he was actually down IN a hole and I didn't see him, and it startled the heck out of me when he pushed my finger away. He was not happy and I don't blame him - I wouldn't want a frag plug on my head either, lol!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back