Bifuran

Robbie_b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the instructions arent very clear so i just wanted to ask for some of your guys opinions or treatment methods for bifuran+.

I have a yellow wrasse in copper power now at 1.92 ppm and picked up some bifuran to have on hand. Hes not showing any sign bacterial infections or anything.

With that being said i didnt want to mix with copper just incase but i can not for the life of me figure out , how often to dose bifuran, how long the treatment should be, how often to do a wc.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So the instructions arent very clear so i just wanted to ask for some of your guys opinions or treatment methods for bifuran+.

I have a yellow wrasse in copper power now at 1.92 ppm and picked up some bifuran to have on hand. Hes not showing any sign bacterial infections or anything.

With that being said i didnt want to mix with copper just incase but i can not for the life of me figure out , how often to dose bifuran, how long the treatment should be, how often to do a wc.

Let's see if we can get some help...

@4FordFamily @HotRocks @Big G #reefsquad

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually not used it but it appears to be an antibiotic. I'd follow the dosing instructions, and then treat for 10-14 days IF it is needed. I wouldn't add it unless necessary. The only antibiotic I use prophylactic is metroplex and that's because it kills uronema and brooklynella.

OP
OP
R

Robbie_b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually not used it but it appears to be an antibiotic. I'd follow the dosing instructions, and then treat for 10-14 days IF it is needed. I wouldn't add it unless necessary. The only antibiotic I use prophylactic is metroplex and that's because it kills uronema and brooklynella.
So ill be better off using metroplex than this stuff if needed?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a thread on the most popular antibiotics and how to dose and use them. Metro is usually used as a treatment for internal infections/parasites, and for some external parasites like Brooklynella. But Metro is often used as a 3 part treatment that covers a wide spectrum of bacterial infections. We call it The Trifecta: Metro + Furan2 + Kanaplex

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ill be better off using metroplex than this stuff if needed?
It depends -- as @Big G said it's a good product to have around, it's essentially Furan 2 after doing further research. I'd say metroplex is a better tool overall, however, to treat a broader range of common ailments.

OP
OP
R

Robbie_b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okk so basically same rules apply when dosing wc every 2 days and retreat for 10-14 days

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back