Big Announcement Today on a Live Event

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "purpose" of the sale has to be disclosed. Hence terms used as going out of business sale, clearance sale, among many others. That would have helped me make a better purchase. You don't find the failure to disclose an issue? When you buy a home the old owner could have found out the house sat on a mine and didn't disclose. Your house sinks and it's your fault for not have a geological study? The word clearance would have gave me pause. Somehow that was left out.

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically they haven't discontinued the "classic\Gold" version it is simply cheaper.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only real question is if they will continue to sell the old eb8 bars or not. I just bought the standard apex 2 months ago and would like to be able to get another power bar if I needed to.

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Technically they haven't discontinued the "classic\Gold" version it is simply cheaper.

Fact: they clearance a product to make way for a new product and didn't disclose that they were clearance old stock. Fact: messages through sale sites indicate my model has in fact been discontinued in replacement of THE NEW MODEL.. If you were sitting on a jury would you really validate such nonsense?

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fact: they clearance a product to make way for a new product and didn't disclose that they were clearance old stock. Fact: messages through sale sites indicate my model has in fact been discontinued in replacement of THE NEW MODEL.. If you were sitting on a jury would you really validate such nonsense?

Which law says you have to disclose why you are putting an item on clearance? I never see these disclosures on clearance items at the store, I'm going to get an attorney and start suing everyone!

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm not as upset as others are over something so small in the grand scheme of things.

What are people looking to gain by going to lawyers over $800 (theirs fees will cost you more)?

People got a very good product at a very reasonable price......

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know if they will still sell the original eb8 bars?

Is the Apex Classic obsolete?
Absolutely not. The Apex Classic will continue to be sold and supported both with Apex Fusion as well as new product releases such as the upcoming FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module) and COR (Return Pump). The Apex Classic product HAS NOT been end-of-lifed. Think of it like the iPad and the iPad Pro.

Since the apex classic will still be sold I would take that to mean the EB8's will also.

via: https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-for-customers-about-the-next-generation-apex/

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex Classic (according to Neptune) is not going anywhere.
So it's not "discontinued" or "on clearance".
It's just cheaper now.
And it also doesn't work worse than it used to.
So if you were an Apex fanboy last week, nothing has changed.

go29

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand why people who just purchased a gold unit may be upset but at the end of the day many companies do this (i.e. sell old stock in preparation for new release). Also if you read @Terence link he posted you will see that us "old apex" users are NOT being phased out. Fusion as well as new app will work for us, including the IOS notifications etc. I for one am glad to hear this ! Seems to me that a great company released a new product, and are doing the right thing by keeping their software working for all of their current customer base.

Again I get the frustration, but look at the information... EVERYTHING works with the old apex accept the new energy bars. Just not sure what the fuss is about here when they are ensuring that our old apex will still function along like new with the upcoming fusion updates etc. They are doing the right thing at least in my opinion.... Thanks neptune.

SIDE NOTE --> anyone upset about this ill sell you my apex at a KILLER DEAL so i can buy the new one, problem solved for you :)

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex Classic (according to Neptune) is not going anywhere.
So it's not "discontinued" or "on clearance".
It's just cheaper now.
And it also doesn't work worse than it used to.
So if you were an Apex fanboy last week, nothing has changed.

Is the Apex Classic obsolete?
Absolutely not. The Apex Classic will continue to be sold and supported both with Apex Fusion as well as new product releases such as the upcoming FMM (Fluid Monitoring Module) and COR (Return Pump). The Apex Classic product HAS NOT been end-of-lifed. Think of it like the iPad and the iPad Pro.

Since the apex classic will still be sold I would take that to mean the EB8's will also.

via: https://www.neptunesystems.com/faq-for-customers-about-the-next-generation-apex/
I guess they won't believe you 2 either.........

michaelrc51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "purpose" of the sale has to be disclosed. Hence terms used as going out of business sale, clearance sale, among many others. That would have helped me make a better purchase. You don't find the failure to disclose an issue? When you buy a home the old owner could have found out the house sat on a mine and didn't disclose. Your house sinks and it's your fault for not have a geological study? The word clearance would have gave me pause. Somehow that was left out.

The purpose of the sale has to be disclosed........

I have a Apex Gold BNIB and I am not the least bit bothered by what they did. They are a stand up company and have done things to show it.
Sorry people, I don't have any sympathy for the whole crowd that feels Neptune has wronged them. IF you bought one because of the sale so be it. You still have something that can basically do the same thing as the new one. Yes, there are a few things the EB832 can do that would be nice but then you need to ask yourself if it's worth it to loss a few $$$ to "upgrade' to the new model.

If you didn't properly research a house you were buying then it's on you not. If it gets passed on to you good luck trying to claim the seller didn't disclose it.

Last edited by a moderator:

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marine depot -
If you would like to return an item, you must first request a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) within 60 days of the date your order was shipped.

Returned items must be sent back to us in new and unused condition in the original packaging along with all accessories, warranty cards, manuals, software, cables, etc.

This is the email I got from MD last night:

Sorry we missed your chat. We would be able to set up the return for you as long as the manufacturer seals on the system have not yet been broken, per the manufacturer, once the seals are broken, any support would have to go through Neptune. Because of these restrictions, any return for Neptune products would have to be set up over the phone or by email. We are looking forward to your response so that we may further assist you.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which law says you have to disclose why you are putting an item on clearance? I never see these disclosures on clearance items at the store, I'm going to get an attorney and start suing everyone!
Wow I can't grasp what your trying to get at. I'm not into legal things. I will say my bill of sale and everyone scammed was not with Neptune. I would expect one to handle that in small claims court if that was the case. I think their VP of marketing lives in a shoe box apartment. I'm told there are better ways to skin a cat. One company said "heck no" the rest either were scammed themselves or were part of it. They can figure that out for themselves. Not my concern.

EmmaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the email I got from MD last night:

Sorry we missed your chat. We would be able to set up the return for you as long as the manufacturer seals on the system have not yet been broken, per the manufacturer, once the seals are broken, any support would have to go through Neptune. Because of these restrictions, any return for Neptune products would have to be set up over the phone or by email. We are looking forward to your response so that we may further assist you.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Well thats not what the policy says

EmmaG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't get the big deal anyway. The new one seems like it barely has anything the old one doesn't and also doesn't come with a display. If they both are the same reliable, I would much rather the old one at $100 less.

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't get the big deal anyway. The new one seems like it barely has anything the old one doesn't and also doesn't come with a display. If they both are the same reliable, I would much rather the old one at $100 less.

The major difference is the switching in the power module - and since there is the embedded webserver and fusion (even before) no one really uses the display anyway....

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back