Big Announcement Today on a Live Event

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me wrong I feel extremely bad for a company that has to do this to their customers. I talked to my church and I think it might be a good idea to send a care package to their office of food and personal care items for the people that work their. The economy is still not good out their and I heard the KWH is like 28Cents.

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The major difference is the switching in the power module - and since there is the embedded webserver and fusion (even before) no one really uses the display anyway....

I admit I don't use my display often, but if there is an emergency I like having the display to turn something off quick. Let's say I am messing with a reactor and it starts leaking I don't want to wait the minute or two it takes to get my phone out, load up the website, login, select my apex then swipe off the pump. It will limit the mess a lot just having the display right there to turn it off much quicker.

Probably not a case that will happen often, but once is more than enough.

I am happy with my old apex but if I were buying new I would go for the shiny new one (even though I think the look of it is awful). I am glad that Neptune is continuing to innovate and constantly bringing new items to the market. Great company!

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fact: they clearance a product to make way for a new product and didn't disclose that they were clearance old stock. Fact: messages through sale sites indicate my model has in fact been discontinued in replacement of THE NEW MODEL.. If you were sitting on a jury would you really validate such nonsense?
Which "model" do you own? Every sale is a clearance. It literally means they are clearing out stock. Some companies do this to generate interest, others use sales to move stock that isn't selling, and some move it to make room for new products. Nothing has been discontinued so you have your "Fact:" wrong.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fusion is lagging sometimes specially when you need it to be fast. The old app works a lot faster. If I am at home, I just log straight to the web server to do thing.
And if I was messing with the reactor, to turn it off fast, I jump straight to the EB8, not looking for a phone or anything :)

I like having the display to turn something off quick. Let's say I am messing with a reactor and it starts leaking I don't want to wait the minute or two it takes to get my phone out, load up the website, login, select my apex then swipe off the pump. It will limit the mess a lot just having the display right there to turn it off much quicker.

Probably not a case that will happen often, but once is more than enough.

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys really think theyll discontinue the apex for this?noway This is a luxuary item, primarily for people who are exclusively use apex products to run their tanks.

+1

This new system would only replace the Apex (classic) Gold package. No way Neptune would get rid of the more afforadable/entry level package Lite and Jr without competitive priced replacements. The EB832 is going to cost $250 so I don't think the $160 Eb8 will be going away any time soon.

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it is like Toyota first introducing Lexus. The Camry drivers will continue buying the Camry and the ballers are signing up (pre-order) for the ES models.

You guys really think theyll discontinue the apex for this?noway This is a luxuary item, primarily for people who are exclusively use apex products to run their tanks.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a guy drilling his walls last week right before the new Apex was introduced
Stinks to go through the effort but he is probably better off anyways. This is Neptune's first foray into wireless and they are using older technology anyways.

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand the frustration to long term apex users but I dont necessarily support the complaints about a legacy product not being able to use the new features. I work for a large corporate group developing new products. Legacy items are easily supported indefinitely as they are usually very stable before a new platform rolls out. That being said don't expect major updates to a legacy system as companies dont typically have resources available to continue development. They may come back and update firmware if a multiple customer impacting bug is present or potentially as an annual update after tracking smaller issues throughout the year.

When a new platform comes out the technology,coding, and software to support the advanced features or new functions is to far gone from the original operating system for it to be applicable. This also allows a clean break from a function or software configuration that may have been creating underlying programming issues or preventing some functionality from being developed in the first place.

Hopefully this provides a little insight into what is probably going on behind the decision with the new Apex. This is a technology driven industry and if you disagree, look at what has happened in the last 5 years. If anything the apex was due for a major overhaul years ago.

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand the frustration to long term apex users but I dont necessarily support the complaints about a legacy product not being able to use the new features. I work for a large corporate group developing new products. Legacy items are easily supported indefinitely as they are usually very stable before a new platform rolls out. That being said don't expect major updates to a legacy system as companies dont typically have resources available to continue development. They may come back and update firmware if a multiple customer impacting bug is present or potentially as an annual update after tracking smaller issues throughout the year.

When a new platform comes out the technology,coding, and software to support the advanced features or new functions is to far gone from the original operating system for it to be applicable. This also allows a clean break from a function or software configuration that may have been creating underlying programming issues or preventing some functionality from being developed in the first place.

Hopefully this provides a little insight into what is probably going on behind the decision with the new Apex. This is a technology driven industry and if you disagree, look at what has happened in the last 5 years. If anything the apex was due for a major overhaul years ago.
Someone who speaks my language

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which "model" do you own? Every sale is a clearance. It literally means they are clearing out stock. Some companies do this to generate interest, others use sales to move stock that isn't selling, and some move it to make room for new products. Nothing has been discontinued so you have your "Fact:" wrong.
Your right! But purpose of sale needs to be defined. If company A was going out of business and had a sale and said Black Friday in June without informing to their best of knowledge that that was not the case for said sale. Then a fraud has been committed to the bill of sale. There are instances that can not be foreseen that can cause a company to mislead in the sale of an item. When a box of fruit loop goes on a weekly sale at you local food store it has nothing to do with clearance of stock. When you buy meat that is on sale and the reason for the sale is because it's expiring soon, it's is always marked that way. Well it hasn't and people have seek judgements and won. Called my Attorney's Generals office today. They didn't say I was an idiot, didn't say I was a whinner, but people do love plastic. Now I have to start writing letters. If I had known of the clearance I would have not bought this companies controller. Stock was reduced to make way for new product. (Clearance)

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right! But purpose of sale needs to be defined. If company A was going out of business and had a sale and said Black Friday in June without informing to their best of knowledge that that was not the case for said sale. Then a fraud has been committed to the bill of sale. There are instances that can not be foreseen that can cause a company to mislead in the sale of an item. When a box of fruit loop goes on a weekly sale at you local food store it has nothing to do with clearance of stock. When you buy meat that is on sale and the reason for the sale is because it's expiring soon, it's is always marked that way. Well it hasn't and people have seek judgements and won. Called my Attorney's Generals office today. They didn't say I was an idiot, didn't say I was a whinner, but people do love plastic. Now I have to start writing letters. If I had known of the clearance I would have not bought this companies controller. Stock was reduced to make way for new product. (Clearance)

Just wanted to wish you luck in your efforts to sue Neptune. I hope you keep us updated throughout the process, as well as you are legally able to and that you get all that you feel Neptune owes you.

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to wish you luck in your efforts to sue Neptune. I hope you keep us updated throughout the process, as well as you are legally able to and that you get all that you feel Neptune owes you.
"I'm" not suing anybody.
What would be nice is if they came out and said (our recent sale before the launch of our new product has upset a few of our new customers. After review we decided is was not the best way to welcome our new customer to the Neptune family and we would like to offer an exchange of you pm2 and head unit for replacement of our new head unit. We are sorry for the lack of communication during the transition.) Then everyone could decide if they wanted it. Would it make everyone happy. No, that's impossible. I probably wouldn't take it but would be extremely thankful they made a "honest effort" in customer satisfaction. My "whining" would stop.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back