Big Neptune Systems Announcement on Live Event Today

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm extremely frustrated. Purchased this right before the 100 dollar price drop. Oh well bad timing. Now I hear this! My tank build was stalled due to a delay and issue with shipping in the tank. Now I find out my Neptune is obsolete well not obsolete but you see where I'm going with this. Also had a delay because one major retailer online couldn't ship me the right rock order. finally by the third order it's right. they did cover all the orders free to me but took apprx a week each time, delayed things a lot. I've had discouraging news at every turn while trying to do this build. I'm extremely discouraged. I have way to much money and time invested to throw in the towel but this news didn't help any. I didn't even know they were developing something new. I would have definitely waited but I guess that was the point. I think it's been to long to return it and in addition I of course opened it because I was excited. Well thanks Neptune not excited anymore!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm extremely frustrated. Purchased this right before the 100 dollar price drop. Oh well bad timing. Now I hear this! My tank build was stalled due to a delay and issue with shipping in the tank. Now I find out my Neptune is obsolete well not obsolete but you see where I'm going with this. Also had a delay because one major retailer online couldn't ship me the right rock order. finally by the third order it's right. they did cover all the orders free to me but took apprx a week each time, delayed things a lot. I've had discouraging news at every turn while trying to do this build. I'm extremely discouraged. I have way to much money and time invested to throw in the towel but this news didn't help any. I didn't even know they were developing something new. I would have definitely waited but I guess that was the point. I think it's been to long to return it and in addition I of course opened it because I was excited. Well thanks Neptune not excited anymore!
Yea im in the market for a couple new eb8s to add to my tanks. But i have a feeling this bundle will only apply to people just exclusively using apex products.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of the commenters on the live stream feed were saying they would love to see a Neptune Loyalty program to address those types of issues.

Even throw a discount at folks that have the standard (or worse, I have the Jr.!). The resale value just tanked for all of those units, so it would be nice to compensate loyalty to their products....

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as I speculated a month or so ago when they dropped the gold price by $100 in an almost unheard of sale to dump inventory for this. I'd surely be ticked if I had just bought one.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will all the updates to fusion work with the existing apex???

That's the big question. I'm wondering the same thing about the new iOS app. There is no reason IMHO that it couldn't work... But the same could be said for the EB832, and we see how that has worked out.

Don

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm watching the replay now I like all the new features for fusion. If I get them with my "legacy Neptune brain" that would make this a lot less painful to watch

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going exclusively apex for everything is going to be a nightmare waiting to happen. All your eggs in one basket I can see it now for people, wav, cor, dos, ato, titanium heating tubes with no tstat, the apex control unit takes a dive at o' dark thirty or your on vacation. Cant just unplug these things and plug them into regular power bar to get your tank going again. Tank crash waiting to happen if you ask me.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going exclusively apex for everything is going to be a nightmare waiting to happen. All your eggs in one basket I can see it now for people, wav, cor, dos, ato, titanium heating tubes with no tstat, the apex control unit takes a dive at o' dark thirty or your on vacation. Cant just unplug these things and plug them into regular power bar to get your tank going again. Tank crash waiting to happen if you ask me.

So much truth in this statement! My apex for me is nothing more than a tool. They are just trying to lock you in to their platform more and more. All the primary life support equipment I have today can be run completely independent of the Apex if it pukes. There is a lot to be said about that.

Imagine just the return pump (COR) and in tank movement (WAV) stopping if the apex fails. Done.....

Don

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea this is not good. They should have allowed comparability with the classic allowing customers to slowly change to the new apex. I mean really there's nothing different it's all the same stuff in fewer boxes with the addition of more relay outlets.

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's the simplicity of the new system. I see what your saying about all eggs in one basket but a power bar of any type could stop functioning. I plan on having a battery backup for my return which is the biggest concern. I'd always have someone checking on my tank daily if I was out of town.

thenanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the apex (I have the Jr. with Ph and ORP for my 10 gallon) as it gives me some piece of mind and is fun to look at from time to time. I agree with @dcmartinpc and @tjnorthdakota about going all apex so I watch what equipment I have hooked up to it. For the people that are really ticked off about this new development, I don't know why. The new product is not all that great. Its got a ridiculous head unit design, and although you get the salinity monitor built in, the same modual came with the gold package. Now, I can't speak for how useful the single connector and accessory ports will be, but otherwise the new 832 is just bigger with a few extra bonus features. Sure those features are nice, but are they really going to change your reefing habits? I don't know. I think the real winners in this situation are the people who bought the Apex Gold for $100 bucks off. It is pretty much just as functional as the new one anyways.

Just my $.02
thenanoreef

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The upgrades on the energy bar In my opinion are nice. They never mentioned if the upgrades to fusion would be compatible with the existing system. Not having to update firmware in my opinion is worth the 100 dollars in savings. I guess if you would have paid to upgrade you'll be upset if not your thrilled you saved the 100 bucks. For me I didn't get either and i haven't even plugged the thing in yet. I do believe Neptune systems is an amazing company with a great vision for how reefing can be controlled and monitored. They being said the marketing and sales guy said this has been in the works for 3-4 years and he's been playing around with it for a year. I feel like there should have been some warning so I could of made the decision to wait or not.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, will new modules moving forward, be compatible with my now "Apex Classic".

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in sales and marketing. You never forget your base. If fusion updates work on the legacy system it should have been said. I'll assume the guy presenting makes a lot of money and is not a low level employee which means he wouldn't forget to tell us that. So either they left it out on purpose because a lot of things won't be backwards compatible and fusion updates won't work on the old system or it was an epic fail on neptunes part not to make the existing users and recent purchasers feel good about thier purchase.

Back