Biggest Thing You Have Seen a Fuzzy Dwarf Lion Eat

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the biggest thing you have seen a fuzzy dwarf lion(Dendrochirus brachypterus) eat? I don't need info on any other species, just the fuzzy dwarf. I know their mouth is smaller in relation to their body than some other lions, but what is the biggest prey one would hunt from tankmates?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my late fuzzy was just at about 3-3.5" he ate a yellow banded possum wrasse that was about 2/3 the size of the fuzzy. I watched it and I was shocked. I saw him stalking him but that he was just entertaining himself. He got him in a corner and struck, wrestled around a bit and got him down.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, my fuzzy dwarf doesn't really eat anything bigger than a 1/2" chunk of frozen. I have him in a reef tank with 27 other fish of different sizes and he doesn't look twice at any of them.

OP
OP
eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear these reports. I have a few wrasses, large fairies, a group of redtail anampses and I want to get a group of meleagris leopards. Once the leopards get established I was hoping to add a m-f-f trio of fuzzy dwarf, but get them at a very small size. Just wanted to make sure the wrasses would be alright.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would work out fine. Interesting to see how a trio would do. Will be following when the time comes.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown fish that was about 3 inches. :(

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back