OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL, I likely will loose my Pintail Fairy wrasse. I noticed yesterday afternoon that it was very hesitant and also was curved to the side. This is why I hate QT'ing wrasses. I feel it was spooked and jumped into the top of the QT tank thus breaking it's back. Another reason why I had to take a step back from R2R and the hobby as I will likely loose another fish because of the laziness of coral vendors and the initial reason why I am having issues in my tank.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL, I finally broke down and started to do some MUCH needed maintenance on my tank, and then a storm came thru and took out my router, computer internet ports, and Apex system. I am still checking to see if anything else was effected. If it ain't one thing it's another. The funny thing is that I have pretty much ignored my tank for the past few months because of past things and now the SPS are actually starting to look better. What is even funnier is that they never stopped growing, and now I will have to break them off of the egg crate stand I created for them because they grew onto it. Thankfully I still have a full GHL system to control my tank and it is working properly.

This post is coming from my phone.

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL, I finally broke down and started to do some MUCH needed maintenance on my tank, and then a storm came thru and took out my router, computer internet ports, and Apex system. I am still checking to see if anything else was effected. If it ain't one thing it's another. The funny thing is that I have pretty much ignored my tank for the past few months because of past things and now the SPS are actually starting to look better. What is even funnier is that they never stopped growing, and now I will have to break them off of the egg crate stand I created for them because they grew onto it. Thankfully I still have a full GHL system to control my tank and it is working properly.

This post is coming from my phone.
Sad to hear the news. My father in law had the same thing happen in the spring. Hopefully you have homeowners insurance that'll cover you for the damage! Wishing you the best.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, the things that were effected:

My old computer, had to replace the board with another board
1 GHL Expansion Box 2
1 Apex EB4 and PM2

I thought I lost my whole Apex system, BUT, I started to treat it like I do at work when I have a comm issue for control boards. I noticed that the Apex brain was still communicating thru WiFi, so I started by removing a modules and plug them back in one at a time until the network went down. I haven't checked yet to see if its either the EB4 or the PM2 or both. Givin that both the GHL EB2 and the Apex modules are right next to each other, it will likely be both.

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, the things that were effected:

My old computer, had to replace the board with another board
1 GHL Expansion Box 2
1 Apex EB4 and PM2

I thought I lost my whole Apex system, BUT, I started to treat it like I do at work when I have a comm issue for control boards. I noticed that the Apex brain was still communicating thru WiFi, so I started by removing a modules and plug them back in one at a time until the network went down. I haven't checked yet to see if its either the EB4 or the PM2 or both. Givin that both the GHL EB2 and the Apex modules are right next to each other, it will likely be both.
What exactly do you do for work? I recently became an industrial electrician. Anything smaller than 240V boggles my brain.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What exactly do you do for work? I recently became an industrial electrician. Anything smaller than 240V boggles my brain.
I do commercial ref, which now is controlled by computers. All the control boards run on a network.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back