fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
order 3 pizza's to be delivered at same time.. ;) tip em well ...huh,valid idea in a perfect world.:)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just torn down the plumbing. I am already trying to figure out how I can put the tank and stand on the dollies, LOL!!!

Just checked the specs, they will hold the tank and the stand, HMMMM!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
with help!!...come this far.. ;) can you rent a table lift? slide tank on ,slide back on stand??

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, my bigger suctions cups will arrive today. I used 4 suction cups that will hold 150 pounds to lift it before, but they were maxed out. I ended up ordering 4 suctions cups that will hold 265 lbs each. After my tank I will lend them to the local ATL club.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with help!!...come this far.. ;) can you rent a table lift? slide tank on ,slide back on stand??
Doesn't matter, still need at least a few people to slide it. You can't slide the tank, the stand has a lip that you have to sit the tank into. Yu can only slide it from the back, which will be up against the wall.

We have a Zoom meeting tomorrow with the ATL club. I am going to bring this up. Maybe get together a group of reefers locally that are willing to help in such situations. I can only imagine how many people have these problems.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my plumbing, all torn down.

20210319_143426.jpg
20210319_143410.jpg
20210319_143405.jpg
20210319_143401.jpg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I so often do, I got bored. ;) :rolleyes:

This is funny considering I am also tearing down my deck in the back, which is very BIG, but I also decided to install a Ecotech Versa pump to test it. I was able to get one a few weeks ago, and I did post a thread that BRS had them, SO!!! I was going to just use it to dose Tropic Marin part C, but that is a long way off, so I figured I would test it to see if I can do a auto water change from my mixing station in the basement. I installed the pump an ran the 1/4 tubing. It will go from my basement up a floor, and over roughly 40 ft to a bucket. If that ain't a torture test then I don't know what is.;):cool:

If I don't have any issues, which I really don't think I will, then I will use 3 single Ecotech Versa pumps. 2 for the auto water change, and a 3rd to fill my ATO container. Some people may ask, why don't you just use the pump to auto top off your tank with RO/DI water and skip the ATO container, and my response will be I don't want ANY pump that has access to 100 gals of RO/DI water to have free access to my tank. I love Ecotech products, but I will never fully trust technology.

6900F878-5D53-41B0-BCD4-00E465BC5886.jpeg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing build. I'm taking all these notes on what you are doing.

Did CDA make the light standard/bracket or did you provide it to them?
They made them for me. They also supplied the standards and cross brace to hang the lights from.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished running the 1/4 in tubing and powered on the Versa. It took me, LITERALLY, a few minutes to update and program the Versa via Mobius. It took far longer to prime it, LOL, as I am lifting water from the basement and thru 60 plus ft of tubing. My first impression, well, all I can say is WOW!!! The fact that it can lift water 1 story and thru 60 ft of tubing is impressive. I will let it run a few days before calibrating it, but so far I am impressed. ;) :)

I am currently letting it sit for a little to make sure I don't have a siphon issue. If I don't have any then I will program the Versa to pump around 5000 ml daily for a week or so and start to check the calibration.

Last edited:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,Bill just checking in...any luck on getting help arranged?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi ,Bill just checking in...any luck on getting help arranged?
Not really.:(

I just did the first calibration of the Versa from the basement and it is spot on.:)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered my 3rd Ecotech XR15 G5 Blue. I have enough gift certificates to buy a 4th at almost no cost to me. I will eventually buy a 5th for my hybrid. I am still waiting on help to move the tank. All the plumbing is torn down and the tank is ready to move. I installed utility rugs in the location to help preserve the hardwood flooring. I am waiting on BRS to get 100ft of RO tubing/Red in to run the waste line for my auto water change that I will install now due to the impressive operation of the Versa. I am also cleaning the equipment that I had on my 120 gal tank, man I love Citric Acid, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well fellow reefers that have been following along, and I do appreciate it, my tank got moved to its final position today. I started to put the plumbing back, I still need to make sure it is tight. I will probably need to buy a strap wrench to tighten a few bulkheads as they are way to hard to get to by hand. I also installed the light standards, they are not at their final position, but I just needed to install them to do something, LOL!!! I am going to try and get it wet this weekend.:eek::eek::eek:

92C91944-8C05-40C3-A541-143EFC80CFA9.jpeg

67C32938-B5AE-42D2-B45D-B4F593F34E88.jpeg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did my 50 percent water change on my 40b, then I dumped the rest of the salt water in my mixing tank. I overheated it previously slightly, up to 93 degrees, so I didn't want to take any chances on my new tank. I dumped roughly 45 gallons, UGH!!! I am just the type of person that would rather start off on the right foot and use new saltwater.

Not gonna lie, it feels good to have the tank moved. I feel alive again, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 more sections of the aquascape that I need to secure before I can move it. Though I hate being on call for work and being called out at midnight, their is a silver lining. I got home at 6 am this morning, after working from 7 am to 8:30 pm yesterday, and being called out at midnight. The silver lining is that I am starting to secure the sections that haven't been done yet as I stayed home today. If need be, I may take off Monday just to get this tank wet.:D:(:p I am on call next weekend, thus the big push to get it wet this weekend. I will not have the automation done for a few weeks after, but I at least want it wet and the return pumps, powerheads, and heaters up and running so the tank can mature further. I have been cycling roughly 40-50 pounds of the aquascape in brute trash cans along with actual live rock to help in speeding up the cycle, plus, I will add roughly 30-40 pounds of live rock in the sump. Because of the live rock I will be able to add a few fish within a week after getting it wet. Plus, the bigger the tank, the more forgiving doing such is.

Unless you are a veteran reefer, or have done this a few times, I will still ask new reefers to do the standard cycle method and not push it as we that have done it before know what to expect...well most of the time.:rolleyes:;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back