OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved the TSA Black Panther, aka NY Knicks to the 40b today. Man is it hard to get that sucker to close up, LOL!!!

9A28EF7A-F8DC-4708-92C3-6DDC7A3CA15C.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow ,i never hang lps upside down,always support upright,less risk for tearing tissue :)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hang it upside down because if the tentacles come in contact with the skeleton it will cut them. If I turn up right side up the tentacles will be draped over the skeleton structure as the only thing that actually supports the tentacles is the water.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at my AquaSD Sunfire plate coral and I haven't see it like that in over a year. Part of it has to do with not being in a tank that was focused on SPS, thus lower Par, but also I think it is the live rock. I would try to take a picture, but I already know I will no be able to capture the yellow translucent tentacles that are spotted. I will need to buy a Canon or something to take better photos. The BSA Tata Twister blastos and TSA Black Widow blastos are also looking great as well.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
MERRY CHRISTMAS.. :)
You are lucky going to have 2 this year ..tank ought to be there soon;):cool:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MERRY CHRISTMAS.. :)
You are lucky going to have 2 this year ..tank ought to be there soon;):cool:
CDA replied a few days ago to confirm my address and to let me know that it is boxed and ready to go.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally just read a full 22 pages on this thread to realize that you don’t event have a tank yet. . .
Hopefully it will be here in a few weeks and wet in a few more after that. :)

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully it will be here in a few weeks and wet in a few more after that. :)
I’ll be here reading. Your build is similar to mine so you’ve got my attention. I’m really interested in your lighting choices. I want to see how that works for you because I may go that exact route.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so what do you think? Should I add this piece of rock to the scape or not. It’s just balancing right now with a few small pieces to act as a counter weight, but below is a before and after photo.

C979E297-0A74-476B-84EF-21063EEBB1FA.jpeg
6C2F1E41-064E-4398-9922-C9CB456E49D1.jpeg

with new piece added

5A3E1111-53B3-44A3-9D55-CFE8BD54EC3D.jpeg
4535FC32-054B-4B6C-B70A-35930DC3AD1E.jpeg

The pieces in blue are just counter weight to hold it in place.

5A3E1111-53B3-44A3-9D55-CFE8BD54EC3D_LI.jpg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i like it,and a little more surface area for corals ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like it,and a little more surface area for corals ;)
Sad thing that's exactly what I though after I did it, LOL!!!;Hilarious

LOOK, another spot for 2 or 3 more SPS frags, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so what do you think? Should I add this piece of rock to the scape or not. It’s just balancing right now with a few small pieces to act as a counter weight, but below is a before and after photo.

C979E297-0A74-476B-84EF-21063EEBB1FA.jpeg
6C2F1E41-064E-4398-9922-C9CB456E49D1.jpeg

with new piece added

5A3E1111-53B3-44A3-9D55-CFE8BD54EC3D.jpeg
4535FC32-054B-4B6C-B70A-35930DC3AD1E.jpeg

The pieces in blue are just counter weight to hold it in place.

5A3E1111-53B3-44A3-9D55-CFE8BD54EC3D_LI.jpg

just do it.gif

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking with a friend, who I trust when it comes to QT'ing fish, and he recommended TSM. So that's were I plan on getting my fish for my tank. @tsmaquatics , I just need for you to stock up heavily on wrasses and tangs during the months of March and April, LOL!!! ;) ;Greedy

Having QT'ed my own fish in the past and losing several during the process, I have ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUE PAYING MORE FOR FULLY QT'ED FISH. To simply float and dump is truly a luxury.

Anyone who has QT'ed fish in the past know just how much of a pain it is. The maintenance, the monitoring, the strong possibility of loss for no reason. People may say, man they are expensive, but looking at the cost of QT'ing and the pain of it, and the possibility of loss...especially wrasses...it is so worth the price of the fish. If you look at it, their prices really aren't that much more, in fact, they may be a little cheaper when you factor in QT'ing. ;)

Last edited:

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talking with a friend, who I trust when it comes to QT'ing fish, and he recommended TSM. So that's were I plan on getting my fish for my tank. @tsmaquatics , I just need for you to stock up heavily on wrasses and tangs during the months of March and April, LOL!!! ;) ;Greedy

Having QT'ed my own fish in the past and losing several during the process, I have ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUE PAYING MORE FOR FULLY QT'ED FISH. To simply float and dump is truly a luxury.

Anyone who has QT'ed fish in the past know just how much of a pain it is. The maintenance, the monitoring, the strong possibility of loss for no reason. People may say, man they are expensive, but looking at the cost of QT'ing and the pain of it, and the possibility of loss...especially wrasses...it is so worth the price of the fish. If you look at it, their prices really aren't that much more, in fact, they may be a little cheaper when you factor in QT'ing. ;)
I wish I had that option lol.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All may fragile wrasse come from TSM. I’m lucky they are just over an hour ride. When they get out of qt they eAt everything and are Very healthy. The care and love behind the Scenes are second to none

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a handful of fish from @tsmaquatics and more on order set to ship 1/11. Couldn’t be happier and customer service has been outstanding (adding to my order prior to shipment, shipment date requests, etc.)!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a handful of fish from @tsmaquatics and more on order set to ship 1/11. Couldn’t be happier and customer service has been outstanding (adding to my order prior to shipment, shipment date requests, etc.)!!
The only thing I can say is @tsmaquatics is going to love me when they see my orders, LOL!!! Hopefully I can do it in 2 batches, though it will take a lot of luck. I would like to add a batch of 4 to 5 wrasses, at least, and then a batch of 5 tangs. The tangs are more of a concern to me then the wrasses when adding them. I want to add all 5 plus, yes it is still open to how many, tangs to the new tank at one time to limit aggression. As of right now they have 3 and the other two, at least, are on the site, no none available, so to time it for all of the tangs to be available will take some planning. Due to the epidemic, or maybe TSM just has some weird hours, it seems to be a little hard to get them on the phone to discuss this. I took tomorrow off, a little vaca, so hopefully I will be able to call them and start opening a dialog to my plans.

And yes, I actually mapquested it, it would take 13.5 hours for me to get there, lol, so not an option I really want to take.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back