Cesteban721

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a guess at what’s in my garage...WELL...besides the junk, LOL!!!

AB4898E2-4A76-4CE8-829F-8E2E8A91B13E.jpeg
Congrats on the tank arrival. Start thinking about what you are going to do with all of that plywood from the crates!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
uncrated yet?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uncrated yet?
OH YEA!!! I have it uncrated to check, but not enough to check the seams on the tank yet. I am thoroughly impressed the the quality of workmanship from CDA so far though. The tank is built, well, like a tank literally. Double reinforcement on the top and bottom and reinforced seams of the joints. I will need to check the joints for any bubbles in the seals. I picked up some suction cups to help with moving it.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh Yea, I also pulled the trigger on a new fish. I have an Achilles Tang coming. ;Woot ;Woot ;Woot

I pulled the trigger on this fish much sooner than I normally would have, but with Hawaii shutting down its exports again, their is no telling when you can get one from there. Their are one or two other places they can get Achilles from, but with Hawaii shutting down, what will the price be. I am currently getting my QT tanks ready and my QT arsenal ready. I will keep it in my 40b until the new tank is up and running and I add the other tangs, as I want to introduce all tangs at one time.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks soo... small...:D;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious:cool:

eslatts11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I opened up the box and checked the tank, the tank arrived with no cracks.

Mental note to myself, next time buy yourself something easier to open as a Christmas present.;Hilarious;Facepalm;Hilarious

I haven't inspected the seams yet, but from what I did see Crystal Dynamic Aquariums out did themselves. I didn't realize that because of the double upper bracing on the Eurobracing, it actually has a lip on it, thus I can get a cover created and not have to use any bracing or clips of any sort to support or brace it.

Yep! I custom ordered a Clearview Picses EXO for mine and it works great!!!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WELL...been like 5 days.. ;) you just sittin' back and enjoying that nice clean glass??:D
no updates??;Bookworm:cool:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do have to work, lol!!!
:) just razzin ya' seemed like you were here 24/7 all weekend;)thinking you were on a build binge:D
:cool:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) just razzin ya' seemed like you were here 24/7 all weekend;)thinking you were on a build binge:D
:cool:
On my cell at work. Gonna try and get it moved into the house this weekend along with a few other things.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought some dollies to help move the tank and stand into my house. I just need to build a ramp to get into the house. Not much of a ramp is needed, but I will use the plywood that the tank was shipped in to make a ramp.

Ohh, and I also ordered some more live rock from KP Aquatics. I will start to seed some of the dry rock of the scape to get a jump start on tank cycling and hopefully speed up the introduction of corals.

Last edited:

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just bought some dollies to help move the tank and stand into my house. I just need to build a ramp to get into the house. Not much of a ramp is needed, but I will use the plywood that the tank was shipped in to make a ramp.

Ohh, and I also ordered some more live rock from KP Aquatics. I will start to seed some of the dry rock of the scape to get a jump start on tank cycling and hopefully speed up the introduction of corals.
Hey Bill you order any suction cups to lift the tank?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bill you order any suction cups to lift the tank?
I have 4 from my local reef club to help with lifting. I would like to cart the tank inside my house and then then use them to lift the tank. Weight limit is 150 lbs each, so they will be at their limits.

I may buy 4 bigger suction cups and then donate them to the club.

I will likely buy 4 screw jacks to support the floor, so the suction cup purchase may not happen, we will see. It’s easier to use screw jacks to support the floor than building a support wall under the flooring in the basement, but at a $150 plus cost.

Last edited:
Back