fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that combo seems to be the going trend ,all over the reef ;)

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! Following along. I am starting my own ~220 gal build right now too so great to get some good ideas (I already learned something new -- octolids!! Thx mate!)

Inspired me to post my own build thread which I have been hesitant to do (not sure if people are interested, for example, heh)

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! Following along. I am starting my own ~220 gal build right now too so great to get some good ideas (I already learned something new -- octolids!! Thx mate!)

Inspired me to post my own build thread which I have been hesitant to do (not sure if people are interested, for example, heh)
This is one of the best things about build threads. There are many people likely going through or planning a similar build so we can leverage and learn from each other along the way!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, you should start a build thread so we all can watch it come together. :)
This is one of the best things about build threads. There are many people likely going through or planning a similar build so we can leverage and learn from each other along the way!
Agree, it’s always good to watch similar threads as they may do something that you may not have thought of.

@drtechno, you should start a build thread so we all can watch it come together. :)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my extended cables and the Apex EB4 power module today. I am a ways from finishing my mixing station as I am waiting on BRS to have a preferred reefer sale to get the rest of the fittings, but I will be running the cables from the mixing station to my Apex this weekend. I will have to drill thru the floor to run the cable and hook it up. I don't want to drill thru my hardwood floors, so I will run it thru a space attached to one of my closets and then thru the wall to the Apex.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today I ran the aquabus cable to attach the EB4 power module to my Apex for my mixing station. While doing so I noticed that the blower motor on my main Hvac unit didn't sound right. Being a HVACR technician, I naturally looked into it. I found that my blower motor is ceasing up and going off on overload, UGH!!! So I will have to take off tomorrow to replace the motor, thankfully its what I do for a living and was able to put one on hold at the parts house, to prevent my 120 gal tank from overheating.

I am a HVACR technician by trade, so its easy for me to diagnose it and fix it, but to others that are not so fortunate, please have a plan of action in case this happens to you.

Last edited:

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today I ran the aquabus cable to attach the EB4 power module to my Apex for my mixing station. While doing so I noticed that the blower motor on my main Hvac unit didn't sound right. Being a HVACR technician, I naturally looked into it. I found that my blower motor is ceasing up and going off on overload, UGH!!! So I will have to take off tomorrow to replace the motor, thankfully its what I do for a living and was able to put one on hold at the parts house, to prevent my 120 gal tank from overheating.

I am a HVACR technician my trade, so its easy for me to diagnose it an fix it, but to others that are not so fortunate, please have a plan of action in case this happens to you.
That sucks! Very fortunate you know what you’re doing to fix quickly and save some money!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I put some drywall up behind the water mixing station, sorry, looking at wood studs irritated me, lol! I also installed a piece of 3/4 in plywood to the left so I had a area to mount the 5 stage BRS RO/DI system. I cut the plywood big enough to possibly upgrade to a 7 stage at a later date. I received my PM2 module today, so I may install another, smaller, piece of plywood to mount the EB4 and PM2 module. I didn't mud the drywall that I installed though, I just installed it to have a little cleaner look. I will take some pics later to so the progress.

Mx51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Billldg I have 2 questions for you as I am planning my next build just waiting to move into our new house next month. First question what has your experience been like working with CDA? My plan is a 180 at 72x24x24 and have been looking at different companies, I got a quote from plant aquariums from my LFS but thought they where a bit over priced. And second question is why did you choose the non-dimmable T-5 fixture? As I am looking to do the same style light on my tank with 4 xr-15 G5 pro or blues haven’t decided yet. Thank you in advance for any help with my questions

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Billldg I have 2 questions for you as I am planning my next build just waiting to move into our new house next month. First question what has your experience been like working with CDA? My plan is a 180 at 72x24x24 and have been looking at different companies, I got a quote from plant aquariums from my LFS but thought they where a bit over priced. And second question is why did you choose the non-dimmable T-5 fixture? As I am looking to do the same style light on my tank with 4 xr-15 G5 pro or blues haven’t decided yet. Thank you in advance for any help with my questions
So far the experience working with CDA has been great. Zoya is quick to respond and she also is very informative about their tanks and add ons. I went with the 61 in non-dimmable fixture simply because that feature isn’t available on the 60 in t5 bulbs. I thought about going with 2 36in dimmable light fixtures, but I like the look of the 61 in fixture.

Mx51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far the experience working with CDA has been great. Zoya is quick to respond and she also is very informative about their tanks and add ons. I went with the 61 in non-dimmable fixture simply because that feature isn’t available on the 60 in t5 bulbs. I thought about going with 2 36in dimmable light fixtures, but I like the look of the 61 in fixture.
Thank you for your response Billldg. I will be contacting CDA for a quote. I was unaware that the 60” lights are not dimmable. This gives me something to think about. I hope you get your tank soon I can’t wait to see this come together

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on adding the support to my floor this weekend. I will use 10 2x6x10's and 5 2x6x8's to build another header to place next the the current header I built for my 120. I will actually build a header this time and support it across 8 ft, or roughly 4 floor joist.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to install the support today for the new tank, but decided not to and save the money as I am also in the process of replacing my roof and to upgrade cost money. As you can see below, that's alot of upgrading, LOL!!! So I will do it in another few weeks.

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's a whole lot of roof;):cool:

Back