OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marked by the black line is roughly the tank 24 in height and 30 in width.

9q.jpg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will end up adding a couple rocks to cover the separations in the rock shelf I created on the right side marked in blue. I don't want to raise it to much and take away form the left focal points.

9q_LI.jpg

Now what to to with the area marked in red. I kinda like the island look, but I don't want it to be a open void of just space either. If I leave the islands then one, probably the back will end up being a euphylia garden, mainly torches.

9q_LI (2).jpg

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi, liking scape ,thinking maybe hole under blue circles,swim though,cave ,agree looks lil chunky there ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, liking scape ,thinking maybe hole under blue circles,swim though,cave ,agree looks lil chunky there ;)
This is what is under the blue circles, but have to cement the top before I can add a layer of rock on it as its barely supported right now. I definitely can't leave the top the way it is now as it just looks way to plain for me, but I want to make sure I like what I have before I cement it as it becomes permanent them.

2AA45223-B179-4ED2-A32A-9C3B01413324.jpeg

I still need to figure out what to do to the far right side. Should I leave the islands and create a few gardens, one being a Euphylia garden, or do I fill it in with something. I like the option of the gardens, plus the amount of flow I could create there would be massive. I thought reef keeping was supposed to relieve stress, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i like it ,maybe make far right side island ,just a little larger around"sloping all around," small mountain,flat 5" bridge to center island;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like it ,maybe make far right side island ,just a little larger around"sloping all around," small mountain,flat 5" bridge to center island;)
I think I know where you are going with that, I just wasn't able to figure out a way to do it and keep it from looking blocky until now. I just thought of a way, you saying make it slope showed me I was thinking way to 2D on the island. I just need to cement certain sections before I mess around with a bridge. Thanks!!! :)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They haven't started the build yet, that I know of, so I just sent a email to Zoya to see about adding 2 1in holes on either side to allow the plug and wiring to pass thru the Eurobracing for Gyre pumps. I am trying to keep all wires out of the tank, but I love the way a Gyre 350 moves the water. Gyres are higher maintenance, but in a reef tank, what isn't. The way they move a ton of water gently, as I put it, is second to none. They will move the whole tank, and people who own a gyre , doesn't matter the generation, will know what I am talking about.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would a take a video of the scape so far as it seems to show more. Still not done yet, I will add a layer on the right side of the main structure so is isn’t flat and the right island I am just messing around with right now. Let me know what you think. I may post this on the scape forum as well to get more opinions, but as always, thank you for looking at my build thread and giving me ideas and helping. :)

Last edited:

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,the videos are not working for me?? love to see a couple pics ;) :cool:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,the videos are not working for me?? love to see a couple pics ;) :cool:
They seem to be working for some and not others, mostly those on a Apple device can't see it. It's the same as before, but video shows so much more depth than a photo.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
take that back, just took awhile too load :rolleyes: on desktop,scape looks great!!
i have one suggestion ,take flat rock on floor in front middle bridge to island on right;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take that back, just took awhile too load :rolleyes: on desktop,scape looks great!!
i have one suggestion ,take flat rock on floor in front middle bridge to island on right;)
?, is it a island? if its part of the main structure then I can't do anything.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured I would a take a video of the scape so far as it seems to show more. Still not done yet, I will add a layer on the right side of the main structure so is isn’t flat and the right island I am just messing around with right now. Let me know what you think. I may post this on the scape forum as well to get more opinions, but as always, thank you for looking at my build thread and giving me ideas and helping. :)

Big fan Bill! Looks excellent.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I wasn't sure of leaving the islands on the right side as it kinda looks empty, but then I remembered the @Bulk Reef Supply golden rule, don't look at NOW, look at the future. As of right now the openness of the right side bothers be because, well, its open. It's a lack of any real features, BUT, if you look at the future then you may see the possibilities. If I leave them as islands I can create a euphylia garden, and thus have a lot of movement and fill it up at the same time. I DO LOVE torches and currently have a 10 plus head of TSA Black Panther torch, aka, NY Knicks. I would love to also have a Holy Grail torch.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of gyres too Bill. I keep them on when cycling and adjusting the settings and position to envision what is just the right amount of flow. Can’t wait to see this baby wet. I saw you're after a euphyllia garden and I guess you’re going SPS again?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a big fan of gyres too Bill. I keep them on when cycling and adjusting the settings and position to envision what is just the right amount of flow. Can’t wait to see this baby wet. I saw you're after a euphyllia garden and I guess you’re going SPS again?
LOL!!! Yea, I do love Sps, but I also live lps, mainly Euphyllia and blastos.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back