OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about editing the scape a little, but it will open up the tunnel to the right big time while giving me more space to add corals, and it will give me the area I want to have a LPS section as well on the right side, aka, island, well kinda. Let me know what you think.

1q_LI.jpg

I would remove the section in light blue.

1q_LI (2).jpg

I order to remove the section above in light blue I would have to put a support in, marked in red.

9q_LI (3).jpg

Then I could put a small, thin bridge in, thus giving me more room for frags, and at the same time open up the tunnel even more.

What do you think?

I also included a pic on the tunnel on the right side so you know what I thinking of doing.

12q.jpg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great idea!! ;) i would not of ever thought about that;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;)
Almost sound like you thought of it before me, LOL!!!

If so, then I apologize as can be a little thick headed. :rolleyes: :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
little taller/wider around island/sloping mountain ,with thinner bridge is what i'm picturing

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little taller/wider around island/sloping mountain ,with thinner bridge is what i'm picturing
The flat section will rise up a little, but I don't it to conflict with the left side. I will have to break some rock up and mess around with it a little.

Before I do anything, I will need to cement the flat section together, as its a few pieces. In order to do as I want I will need the flat section to be one piece.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
or suspended plateau. over area in bridge area ,if going higher ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9q_LI (4).jpg

The 4 red x's need to be cemented before I can go any further. I have thought about doing a overhang, marked in blue. It will not attach to the rock on the far right, but will reach close to it. I plan on raising the platform in red x's, but not a lot.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you mentioned adding live rock in before. Will any live rock join the party? You could always sump it.
I will put roughly 40 pounds in the sump and roughly 10 pounds in the tank to help speed up the transmission of the bacteria to the dry rock.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I sent a e-mail to Zoya from CDA telling her I wanted to add 2 1 in holes on either side to allow plugs for flow pumps to pass thru the eurobracing. I have been thinking about it for a while, and have come to the conclusion that I just love the way my Gyre 350 moves the water. I will add a 2nd 350 pump and have them on either side. I will also use MP40's, but I will use the Gyre's to move most of the water. I wanted the biggest quantity of water moved as gently as possible, and the Gyre does that perfectly. The only downside to a Gyre is the maintenance, as you have to clean the pump heads every 2 to 3 weeks to keep the flow up. If, down the road, I remove the Gyres I can always plug the holes. Originally I asked to have the holes on the left and right side eurobracing, but then I thought, and changed it to the backside left and right corners of the eurobracing.

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome to have both.. I love it in mine.

I only wish I had did sides and back to mine. My gyres run up and around the Eurobrace as I don’t have side holes. Still not to bad, but would of been a lot nicer to run straight up. I could run them to the back holes but that’s more wire in the tank.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome to have both.. I love it in mine.

I only wish I had did sides and back to mine. My gyres run up and around the Eurobrace as I don’t have side holes. Still not to bad, but would of been a lot nicer to run straight up. I could run them to the back holes but that’s more wire in the tank.
Originally I had asked for holes dead center of the eurobracing, but then I thought, I will end of seeing more wiring on the the top side of the bracing, thus messing up the clean look, so I choose the back corners. Originally I was going strictly with MP40's to keep the wires and motors out of the tank, but I can not deny the fact that my Gyre 350 moves a ton of water gently. I have, since getting the Gyre, hated the way any single head pump moves water. It's to pinpointed, to focused, unlike a Gyre. I plan on having a bunch of wrasses, so I will need a top to keep them from jumping out, and I want the top to sit flush to the tank so I don't see it, thus the holes for the wires to run out of. I will go with 2 Gyre 350's and at least 2 MP40's. If I decide to change to all MP40's or MP60's down the road, I just simply have to install some plugs in the holes.

Last edited:

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally I had asked for holes dead center of the eurobracing, but then I thought, I will end of seeing more wiring on the the top side of the bracing, thus messing up the clean look, so I choose the back corners. Originally I was going strictly with MP40's to keep the wires and motors out of the tank, but I can not deny the fact that my Gyre 350 moves a ton of water gently. I have, since getting the Gyre, hated the way any single head pump moves water. It's to ;pinpointed, to focused, unlike a Gyre. I plan on having a bunch of wrasses, so I will need a top to keep them from jumping out, and I want the top to sit flush to the tank so I don't see it, thus the holes for the wires to run out of. IO will go with 2 Gyre 350's and at least 2 MP40's. If I decide to change to all MP40's or MP60's down the road, I just simply have to install some plugs in the holes.
I see what your saying... the way CDA made my tank there is a lip that runs the whole tank were you could sit the lid in there and still have everything else flush..
A94FA8B6-D1D4-4B28-97E2-7C27518DE820.jpeg

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally I had asked for holes dead center of the eurobracing, but then I thought, I will end of seeing more wiring on the the top side of the bracing, thus messing up the clean look, so I choose the back corners. Originally I was going strictly with MP40's to keep the wires and motors out of the tank, but I can not deny the fact that my Gyre 350 moves a ton of water gently. I have, since getting the Gyre, hated the way any single head pump moves water. It's to pinpointed, to focused, unlike a Gyre. I plan on having a bunch of wrasses, so I will need a top to keep them from jumping out, and I want the top to sit flush to the tank so I don't see it, thus the holes for the wires to run out of. I will go with 2 Gyre 350's and at least 2 MP40's. If I decide to change to all MP40's or MP60's down the road, I just simply have to install some plugs in the holes.
Here is a pic of where they put the holes in my tank.
16F3A716-0482-4EA5-B6B3-695240962114.jpeg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
got it ,still playing w rocks?? how's it going? thought i got bumped off ,been quiet few days ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on starting to concrete my aquascape this weekend. I just received a 2nd container of Marco cement as I plan on using a bunch of it. I need to fasten the scape so I can finish it.

They should have started to build my tank this week, so hopefully I will hear something on the tank within the next few weeks.

Back