fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2-3 years ,i said,while back ;) coming soon!!"bills wet and wild 600 gallon upgrade";Woot;Woot;Woot:)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-3 years ,i said,while back ;) coming soon!!"bills wet and wild 600 gallon upgrade";Woot;Woot;Woot:)
LOL!!! That won’t happen unless I finish the basement.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved the rock that was circled in blue back to where it will be located. I like the scape.

F7DFB52C-6542-4741-9B95-2547B5D28FE8.jpeg
35173DFB-6289-4470-9201-A7BD625AF694.jpeg
1BF01ED1-0B6E-4AAE-AF17-97D705A4A806.jpeg
0A7F460F-9824-409D-BE8D-554FAFB39501.jpeg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nailed it!! looks great ;) :cool:
Like any one of us with our tanks, I could probably pick it apart, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

I will use superglue and crushed rock rubble to cover as much of the mortar as possible.

Then when you put it in the tank and add water it looks different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sections in blue have already been secured. I still need to find a secure the sections below in such a way so their are only several pieces to move into the DT and keep what I wanted. The pieces in the photos above are secure as well, just haven't taken a up to date scape pic.

1q_LI (4).jpg

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today is the day. I finalized my order and put a down payment on what will be my dream tank. I ordered a Crystal Dynamic Aquariums 225 gal tank along with metal stand. Below is what I plan on installing in the tank.

Tank and stand:
Crystal Dynamic Aquariums 225 gal 72x30x24 tank with starphire glass
Modular Marine 24 in overflow/ Blue pvc
Metal stand with Cardiff wood wrap/ black paint
Lighting brackets welded to stand

Filtration and such:
Bashsea Signature series SS-48 sump/ Black and Blue color
Bashsea 10 gal ATO tank/ Black and Blue color
Bashsea carbon reactor/ Black and Blue
Tunze 3155 ATO
Ecotech Vectra L2 return pump
Reef Octopus Regal 200SSS skimmer
4 Ecotech MP40 powerheads

Inside tank:
180 pounds Marco Shelf rock
Several pieces of Marco foundation rock
60 pounds live rock to seed tank

Lighting:
Aquatic life non dimmable X18 T5 61 in fixture
Probably 5 XR15 G5 Blues

I will remove the Apex and modules from my existing tank and install in this tank.

May the upgrade fun begin. ;Woot ;Woot ;Woot
What size sump

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many gallons is what I’m trying to figure out,, I’m going from a 65 with a 30gal sump to a 280 and I have a sump that will hold 45gal is that big enough or do I need bigger
I am guessing over 40, probably 50 or so. My Trigger Sapphire 34 sump, which is a foot smaller held over 30 gals.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I get my aquascape finished my next project will be to get a 61 in Aquatic Life hybrid fixture and rewire it so it is a true 2 channel light. I will rewire it so the outside bulbs and inside bulbs are on different channels. They come wired so the front side and back side are on separate ballast. I will wire it so one front and one back will come on and then the same for other pair of bulbs.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just decided to make another slight change to my setup, as it would make the most sense. I will order a Pan World pump for my mixing station and keep the Cor 20 in the DT. I will use a Pan World pump because of the the head height. It has a 38 ft max head height, and having to pump the water from my basement upstairs and over roughly 50 ft, I wasn’t sure if the Cor 20 would be enough. I will still have control over the Pan World pump as it will be plugged into a eb4, so I will be able to turn it on and off as needed. So now, instead of running 2 Ecotech M2’s, I will run a Cor 20 and a M2, so I will be able to keep a battery back up on one pump and that will be enough to turn the tank over during power outages if they happen. Hopefully I will have my mixing station completed next weekend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up working till this morning, so I decided to not come into work today. Got a few hours sleep and woke up at 6:30 am, which is my normal time, as I automatically wake up at that time. So I decided to start working on my mixing station today. I forgot to get some PVC glue and cleaner, so I will be installing the Apex modules and hopefully the RO/DI system. The reason I say hopefully is that I have to make 90 gals of water before I move it, so hopefully it will be made in time for me to move it downstairs. I have to make the water because I am ordering 20 pounds of Live rock and I need the water to start cycling it. The Live rock is for the 40 gal breeder I am setting up so I can hopefully save some of my corals when I do the upgrade. I am not so worried about the LPS as they are more tolerant to new tanks, sps not so much. Yes @fishguy242 , I will take some pictures, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fishguy242, pictures as promised, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

I installed the mounting boards for the RO/DI system, on the left, and installed the mounting boards for the Apex modules, in the center. I hooked up the modules to my Apex and programmed them as best as I could with nothing hooked up, hardware or sensor wise. Hopefully I will be able to get enough water made to move the RO/DI system downstairs and mount it. I will fasten wiring eventually, lol. I had to run a extension chord to plug the EB4 module in as there is no outlet close buy and I didn’t feel like, temporarily, becoming an electrician and finish the elec in the basement. Sorry, I can be lazy, LOL!!!;Hilarious;Hilarious
8DBE1D87-FFB3-4F21-89DB-E61E5AC4EF5A.jpeg
Screenshot (6)_LI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, almost forgot, the reason the PM2 module isn't centered to the EB4 is because I may install a FMM module so I can install optic sensors and a solenoid for the RO/DI water supply.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cut as much PVC as I could, didn't cut the section going from the pump to the container as I don't have any measurements. The pump should arrive tomorrow. I moved the RO/DI unit downstairs to the basement, but I haven't finished the tubing yet. I will need to pick up a Sharkbite and install it on my water source for the RO/DI unit. I also cut the holes and installed the bulkheads in the containers. I also plan on installing 2 more stages of DI resin, thus the reason for the space on the right side of the single DI stage.

8CA20905-70DE-45CD-ACD8-C41AD4A3BFE7.jpeg

At least I can say something of this new build will be finished, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Waiting on my tank is like waiting on Christmas as a kid.:eek::eek::eek:

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I can't wait until I start purchasing for my dream tank build. Basements are rare in Charlotte. Main reason I miss Atlanta is that I don't have a basement anymore.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back