OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking, yea, again I am thinking, lol, and it usually cost me money. ;Facepalm :) Watching how long it takes my 150 gal per day BRS RO/DI unit to fill the containers on my mixing station is kinda like watching paint dry. I have 90 plus pounds of water pressure, yea a lot, but it gives me the possibility to do something that will increase the output of RO/DI water. I may just go ahead and order 2 100 gal per day membranes and change the 75 gal per day ones. All I would have to do is change the flow restrictor in the unit from 550 to 800 to get more water production. Its not a emergency, just something to think about.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this is coming along nicely! I’m jealous
See, we are kinda in the same boat currently, both wanting to upgrade, LOL!!! :cool:

You won't be to far behind me, and when you get started you may regret it, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious You may need the money you made on the sale.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, we are kinda in the same boat currently, both wanting to upgrade, LOL!!! :cool:

You won't be to far behind me, and when you get started you may regret it, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious You may need the money you made on the sale.
Haha I’ve been adding things up and that part kind of scares me! Luckily I can live rent free for a while to support it haha

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I’ve been adding things up and that part kind of scares me! Luckily I can live rent free for a while to support it haha
It is SO worth it in the end though. Being able to say that you spared no expense, you were able to buy everything you wanted for the DREAM tank. ;)

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is SO worth it in the end though. Being able to say that you spared no expense, you were able to buy everything you wanted for the DREAM tank. ;)
Very true! I already purchased all my rock and have that curing so that’s a start! Have my sump already so I’ve got a start haha I’m getting excited to start a build thread! I already miss my tank though!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true! I already purchased all my rock and have that curing so that’s a start! Have my sump already so I’ve got a start haha I’m getting excited to start a build thread! I already miss my tank though!
I can't wait to see you post a thread saying, WIReefer's New and Improved Upgraded Build Thread. :eek: :eek: :eek:

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see you post a thread saying, WIReefer's New and Improved Upgraded Build Thread. :eek: :eek: :eek:
That’s catchy! Might just have to use that! Better be watching!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda funny, just added 20 cups of HW Marine Reefer mix and it probably won't even register on a refractometer, LOL!!! I am used to mixing in a 30 gal trash can, not a 100 gal container. ;Hilarious

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s catchy! Might just have to use that! Better be watching!
well hopefully your new build will hit before billldg's "next" upgrade;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;):cool:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I am up to 50 cups of salt, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

BIG difference between mixing in a 32 gal brute trash can and a 100 gal container.;Facepalm:rolleyes:;Hilarious

@Bulk Reef Supply is gonna love it, it means I will buy a ton more HW Marine Reefer mix from them, LOL!!!;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I used a year old heater to heat my mixing station, first one didn't work. OK, it can happen, installed a second year old heater and guess what, it didn't work either. I install a new cheap Eheim heater and it worked. Thankfully I went with BRS titanium heaters on my upgrade. I replace my heaters every year as a safety precaution, thus the year old heaters. The heaters in question are Finnex HPG digital 300 watt heaters. I am not bad mouthing Finnex, just that line of heaters. I ordered a new Finnex titanium heater with controller for the mixing station.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see the tank itself, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
Hahaha true that I can’t imagine how you feel! It’s gonna be amazing once it gets delivered! CDA is located about 20-25 mins from my home looks like they got some top tier quality tanks I may check them out after drooling over yours ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to install my 2 stage DI unit from BRS yesterday and when I turned on the water, guess what, a water leak. I took apart the unit several times and tried to fixed the leak and was not successful. I called BRS and explained the situation and were I thought the leak, or problem, was coming from and they agreed. So they sent out a replacement part for the DI unit. I should get it Thursday. So hopefully I will have my mixing station completely done this weekend. I also ordered, and received, 100 ft of braided 3/4 tubing for the supply line to the tank when I do water changes.

352F188A-2F71-4F56-9A1A-1650E47EB171.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHH!!! I am also currently doing a battery check of my battery back ups for my flow pumps. We had a TS go thru North Georgia and it caused a ton of power outages. Being from Miami originally, these storms are no big deal to me, I went thru Hurricane Andrew in 1992, but it is still good to check the batteries and put a drain on them every once and a while. ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a 2 little fishes 44 pound box of Reborn, LOL!!! I don't even have my tank yet, let alone a calcium reactor. It just seems to be hard to get, so figured I will be better prepared when I do decide to buy my reactor. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sorta finished my mixing station today, minus the RO/DI 7 stage system today, LOL!!! I got to use it in a 25 gal water change on my current 120 gal tank today, and all I can say is, WHAT THE HECK TOOK ME SO LONG TO BUILD IT, LOL!!! ;Facepalm

I changed 25 gals of water in roughly 20 minutes, meaning I removed 25 gals and added 25 gals. The only issue was learning how to deal with the 75 ft of hose. Its a small inconvenience as I will learn to deal with it. ;)

Doing a water change on a 225 gal tank will be much bigger.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back