Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets wait and see, but this info came from the BRS customer service rep that I just got off the phone with as I was curious if they would get anymore M2's in, and when I asked he said that neither the G5 or the Vectra was on the sale list. This can always be open to interpretation, it just depends.
Friend who is pretty big dealer for Ecotech told me they will not be having sales this year on anything sadly.
Hope Ecotech changes their mind but I doubt it.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got in my Aquatic Life 61 in Hybrid fixture today. I looked at the box and then opened it up to look at it, all I can say man that sucker is big, LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

Its hard to comprehend how big a 6 ft tank is until you start to get in the stuff that shows the length of the tank. I know that if I were married, I would need a divorce lawyer right about now.;Facepalm:cool:;Hilarious

Or a lease on a new Jaguar SUV for her, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHHH!!! I will probably go with a 2nd COR 20. I was going to go with a Ecotech M2, but with them not having any sales this year for Black Friday, and them being sold out everywhere anyway, it made the decision easy. I never had a problem with the Neptune Cor 20, as it really is the same thing as a Ecotech M2, being they have their drivers made, and the pump I believe, at the same place. The only reason I wanted to have a Ecotech M2 was the battery backup. Having 2 Gyre XF350's on battery backup, it really isn't necessary. PLUS, I like having to go to one place, aka Neptune Fusion, to turn off the pumps when I feed. Really not a fan of Mobius. I have no problem running my lights thru Mobius, just not the flow of my tank.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the Reef Octopus Regal 250SSS today. The sale they were having and using points that I had to use at BRS, I paid $460 for a skimmer that normally would cost over $800 with tax. Not a bad deal. ;)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NICE ;) know when "due" date is on tank yet??
Mom Emoji GIF by Телеканал ТНТ

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NICE ;) know when "due" date is on tank yet??
Mom Emoji GIF by Телеканал ТНТ
They said that it should be able to ship out first of next week, but it has already been delayed a month, so we will see. With what all is going on in the world lately, I am cutting them some slack. :)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered another Neptune Cor 20, didn't think I was kidding about Ecotech did ya. ;) As far as Ecotech, you snooze you loose.

So I will go with 2 Neptune Cor 20's for the build.

My build is more important to me than a brand name Ecotech!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How wide is your sump? I was rocking back and forth with the Octo Regal 200 Int and the Octo Regal 250 interior but the 250 only gave me maybe an 1/2" space in the sump, I also have a CD 220 gallon tank, I purchased the 200 regal
I went with the regal 250SSS, the int has a dimension of 16.6x11.6, the SSS has dimensions of 13.8x11.6. My skimmer sump section is 15x16. The only thing is will I have enough room to also place my Carbon reactor in the same section. If not then I will plumb it outside the sump as I want the 2nd section to put live rock in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K, so my Black Friday list so far is:

AquaticLife X18 61 in Hybrid Fixture
1 Gyre XF350 pump, I will add to the Gyre XF350 I already have
3 Boxes of HW Marine Reefer mix, plus the 4 I already have, may get a few more
6 20 lb CaribSea Special Grade sand
Reef Octopus Regal 250SSS Skimmer
1 Neptune Cor-20
1 Clear Water CW-200 Algae Scrubber

and some smaller items.

I may buy 1 Ecotech XR15 G5 Blue light fixture, that along with the XR15 G5 Blue I won and the 2 G4's I have, I will have enough lighting on my Hybrid to last until I buy 3 more. I may also buy a Neptune LDK kit. I already have a LDK kit on my current tank, but need a 2nd FMM module, so buying the kit will give me the 2nd FMM module and a 2 more leak sensors. I already have a few flow sensors and they plug into the FMM which is why I wanted a 2nd module.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good so far Bill, For sps you may want to add 2 more Gyre 350s though. For my AGE 210g I'm building that's very similar sized 72x30x22 I'm going with 4 gyre 350s and using a abyzz A400 ipu and sea swirls but thats only because its like the only quite pump that can handle all the HP from the grow out sump.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good so far Bill, For sps you may want to add 2 more Gyre 350s though. For my AGE 210g I'm building that's very similar sized 72x30x22 I'm going with 4 gyre 350s and using a abyzz A400 ipu and sea swirls but thats only because its like the only quite pump that can handle all the HP from the grow out sump.
Thanks @The Camaro Show

I plan on going with 2 gyre 350's and 2 MP40's. I will probably have to run the gyres pretty hard, as I plan on using the MP40's mainly for flow behind the aquascape to prevent as much detritus build up as possible. I was split between the Vortechs and the Gyres, mainly due to the maintenance of the Gyres to keep them flowing at specs, but I can not deny the fact that the Gyre moves SO much water without blasting corals that are closer to the pump, which is why I went with the 2nd Gyre pump. Plus they move the whole tank. Although, I will not say that I have not been thinking of going with 2 Gyre 330's on the back wall. I just need to see how the MP pumps do.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added it up, I only spent $3141.64 this year on Black Friday. I am PROUD of myself. :rolleyes:

My excuse to myself is that they WERE ON SALE!!!:cool::p

I can see it now. My bankruptcy lawyer is going to ask me why it happened, and I will reply...I was just upgrading my tank and I don't know why it happened...LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added it up, I only spent $3141.64 this year on Black Friday. I am PROUD of myself. :rolleyes:

My excuse to myself is that they WERE ON SALE!!!:cool::p

I can see it now. My bankruptcy lawyer is going to ask me why it happened, and I will reply...I was just upgrading my tank and I don't know why it happened...LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
Haha nice! My wife doesn't know yet lol. I'm over 4k this black Friday. My philosophy is to Better to ask for forgiveness then permission haha

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some great news from Zoya at CDA today. She said that they should send some photos over by Monday of the tank and stand and it should be able to be shipped out by the end of next week.:eek::eek::eek:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back