Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi Bill , the grafted in yet ? ;) :)
Nah, may get one at Reefapolooza. Tank isn't ready for Sps yet, so may just get some Blasto's, and if they have it, RR Pumpkin Spice Leptastrea.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the big 3+1 stores in Orlando today. The small WWC store is nice, LRO is nice, but they tore out a bunch of their corals from the 800 gal display tank to move to the new farm, so it didn't look all that good, the WWC superstore is a sight to see, but my favorite was @TopShelfAquatics. They have always been one of my favorites, and today made them my favorite Orlando store by far. They did 2 things today that sealed the deal. First, how often does one of the owners take you to the farm to look at it again and then rap with you for a while. The farm has easily doubled since I last seen it during Macna 2019. The second was the fact that they had my dream tang that I thought would be almost impossible to get since Hawaii shut down, and that is the Achilles tang. I wanted to get it right then, but couldn't because where would I keep it. I didn't bring anything down with me to hold livestock for a week, but they are going to order me another one hopefully this Friday, and I will drive back down the following week to pick it up, because it won't be delivered to the store until that Wed or Thur before it shows up. So my dream tang will become a reality thanks to @TopShelfAquatics .;Happy;Happy;Happy

20210511_112842.jpg
20210511_103728.jpg
20210511_140144.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from Reefapolooza. I said I wouldn't buy anything...YEA RIGHT!!! I ended up buying a TSA Skittles cyphastrea, a tester SPS Garf Bonsai to test the tank, and a WWC Rainbow Blasto. I though the blasto was a single polyp with a baby, just looked at it when I was putting it in my tank and it actually has 2 babies. So I ended up getting a 3 headed WWC Rainbow Blasto. :cool: Hopefully the SPS frag does well, as it will mean that I can speed up the process of adding SPS frags. My first main SPS order will come from Adam at @Battlecorals. He has the best corals at the cheapest prices. He NEVER disappoints with those battleboxes.

I will end up going back down to Orlando this upcoming Friday to pick up my Achilles tang. I will set up the QT tank later on, or what is now, today.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned on the Reef Octopus Regal 250-SSS skimmer today. I don't have enough load on the tank yet to really use it, but I figured it would help oxygenate the water and break it in at the same time.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHHH!!! After roughly 7 hours, the frags are doing great. The WWC Rainbow Blast is looking like a STAR!!! The main polyp is out and the babies are as well. The SPS frag is looking great, surprisingly, in the tank. Maybe their is hope to speed things up.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a Purple Tang and a D. Sailfin tang. I also asked TSM to order a Gem tang and a Blonde Naso tang to ship with them. Fish will start to come in hot, meaning fast, within the next couple of months.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a Purple Tang and a D. Sailfin tang. I also asked TSM to order a Gem tang and a Blonde Naso tang to ship with them. Fish will start to come in hot, meaning fast, within the next couple of months.
What’s your total count on your list? I have 31 fish with a few more to go in my 235 gal.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TexAgReefer...Purple tang, D. Sailfin tang, Achilles tang, Gem tang, Tomini tang, Blonde Naso tang, Eight line Flasher wrasse, Pintail Fairy wrasse, Yellow Flanked Fairy wrasse, hopefully a Orange Back Fairy wrasse, maybe a Leopard wrasse, 4 Blue/Green chromis. I will likely add 4-5 Blue Atlantic Chromis and few more wrasses.

The truth is, the tangs are the only fish that really put any stress on the filtration.

Last edited:

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TexAgReefer...Purple tang, D. Sailfin tang, Achilles tang, Gem tang, Tomini tang, Blonde Naso tang, Eight line Flasher wrasse, Pintail Fairy wrasse, Yellow Flanked Fairy wrasse, hopefully a Orange Back Fairy wrasse, maybe a Leopard wrasse, 4 Blue/Green chromis. I will likely add 4-5 Blue Atlantic Chromis and few more wrasses.

The truth is, the tangs are the only fish that really put any stress on the filtration.
True. I have a purple, blonde naso, powder blue, and powder brown. Adding an Achilles, gem, and yellow belly blue this week. Only other “big” fish I have is a regal, Moorish Idol, and CBB.

The way I see it, as long as everyone plays nice, it’s just more food for the corals as mine will be wall to wall sps.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. I have a purple, blonde naso, powder blue, and powder brown. Adding an Achilles, gem, and yellow belly blue this week. Only other “big” fish I have is a regal, Moorish Idol, and CBB.

The way I see it, as long as everyone plays nice, it’s just more food for the corals as mine will be wall to wall sps.
NOT COOL, YOU are beating me to the Achilles and Gem tang, LOL!!!;Hilarious:p;Hilarious

It wasn't my plan originally, but due to flow and lighting, I will end up going wall to wall SPS as well.:cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see pics of it all!!! What a blast RAP was! Makes me super excited and motivated to work on my tank.
It was definitely great to meet everyone, and to actually meet other reefers and talk with them. Hopefully next year it will be a full show with all the vendors.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a Female Blue Star Leopard wrasse and 4 cleaner shrimp to my wrasse order.

Money is just FLYING out the door on fish...LOL!!!;Hilarious;Greedy;Hilarious:eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you had fun at Reefapalooza. Looking forward to seeing this build. Hope the tang does well!
Thank you.

I hope so to, as the Achilles tang is by far my favorite tang.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK...long enough without some pics..c'mon Bill.. :p ;Happy:cool:
What do you want pictures of, THE UGLY STAGE!!!:eek::oops::p;Yuck;Hilarious

I would take a picture of the WWC Rainbow Blasto, but I need to learn how to take pictures, LOL, to do it justice.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added another 15 2nd and 3rd generation Red Striped Trochus snails to the DT, along with a few Nassarius snails. I used a @Battlecorals battlebrush to scrub the shells before adding.

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!!! I do have bricks coming out of my ears. The G5 Blue was built specifically around the AB+ spectrum. So it should have more Par vs. the G4. It has more blue LED's. I just posted a question to Ecotech about the difference in Par reading between a G4 running the AB+ and a G5 Blue. If you weren't a couple thousand miles away, I would come over and take readings with my Par meter, lol!!!

Honestly, after I get my tank lighting in order, I will have no problem shipping my meter to you.
I got the Syneye out and after fiddling for a day to get the PAR readings to work, I was able to get some readings. PAR is higher than I remember as the coral towards the top of the tank is getting around 500 PAR… I think I am going to turn the intensity down a small about .

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up my Juvenile Achilles tang up from @TopShelfAquatics. It’s a beautiful Achilles tang. Now to drive home and put it in the QT tank. TSA makes is easy for us as they keep their fish tanks at 2.5 ppm cp and feed medicated food. They cut down some of my QT time.

Last edited:
Back