OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a Neptune system and it didn't add any points either. I am not sure what is going on, but I am starting to think that they are doing away with the preferred reefer point system. I will email BRS to see what is going on.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will likely call them tomorrow as well as a email is way to 2-Dimesional in what is said and meant.

I am just getting tired of big business stepping in and buying everything thinking they can make a quick buck and dump it down the road. Most businesses linked to reefing had a record sales year this year. You ask why, WELL, you should already know the answer. Covid has kept most reefers at home, SO, what else are they to do except reef. In doing so they bought products to maintain or upgrade their tanks, and thus, the record sales. Now, what happens when the business go's back to normal...HMMM!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now with my Trident, I talked to Neptune service and sent them a ton of photos of my damaged Trident that they serviced and sent back to me. They were pretty cool and after going thru several steps, they deemed that it needed to be sent back...UGH!!! They understood that I am mechanically inclined and I know what to do, they pretty much told me that I would need to send it back in. They also told me that they would send a temporary replacement...for a $100 deposit...YEA!!! I can not fault them in the temp replacement and cost as I feel they understand the importance of said device in a tank that I love and will do anything for. I understand were they are coming from and why they need to do this, BUT, its still irritating to have to tie up $100 until my original Trident gets back to me. I will wait until tomorrow or Friday to pay the deposit as my mortgage and bills mean more to mean then the Trident. I do understand were they are coming from in this and ask others to do the same. It sucks, but, life happens, and so does the understanding in these circumstances.

I can not talk bad about Neptune's customer service so far.

Last edited:

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the DOWNFALL OF @Bulk Reef Supply begins!!! First, after the buyout, BRS's own plumbing fittings were excluded from the 5x so called preferred reefer program. NOW, GHL has no points. I am getting close to sayin some strong points of action. I will email BRS to see what they say first before I say anything else. I am extremely disappointed in BRS!!!

OHH, and I just checked, Coralvue Hydros have no points as well...HMMM!!!

I switched salts for the simple reason of not being tied to a single vendor. ;)
I think the 5x and 10x points are like clearance items... I think its to entice sales to clear shelves of old stock. I have noticed they don't do sales and points like they used to, though.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No3 is at 14.5 and P04 is at .003. I dosed 80 ml of NepPhos to raise mu P04 as the .003 is within the margin of error for a Hanna and I would like it a little higher. It seems to be holding at those parameters.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefChef19, after going thru @SPR1968 build thread, I will go with Shauns advice and get a Abyzz a200 vs a a400. If he can run that monster tank on it, I should have no problems. Plus, its $700 less...LOL!!!

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefChef19, after going thru @SPR1968 build thread, I will go with Shauns advice and get a Abyzz a200 vs a a400. If he can run that monster tank on it, I should have no problems. Plus, its $700 less...LOL!!!
You will be fine with the a200…. Well hopefully or I’m in trouble! Lol

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is about as best of a photo as I have taken of a coral and it not be total photo foolary. These are are me Blasto corals. This is with my Samsung S20+ with no lense.

20211025_154556.jpg
20211025_154525.jpg
20211025_154515.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now this is were I say great job. I can't give the credit to whom I am going to give credit to for the DC pump, as, I seriously doubt they came up with it. I will give Reef Octopus credit for such a great skimmer though. I have a 250-SSS on my 225 gal tank. It is rated for much more. I have had to deal with so many issues with this new tank and I have had no issues, WHAT SO EVER, in dialing in the skimmer under these circumstances. I have had to dose massive amounts of Vibrant, MicroFactor7, ReefFlux, and such. I have had to overfeed the tank. I have overfilled my sump due to a defunct ATO, and the skimmer is easily dialed back down to what is needed. Did it overflow a time or two, yes, should it have far more times...YES!!!I have had no issues dialing in a Reef Octopus skimmer, even under the most ridiculous situations. The whole point is that the Reef Octopus SSS line of skimmers, and I am sure the other Reef Octopus lines of similar skimmers are the same, are so easily dialed in that Reef Octopus makes it look easy. So 2 THUMBS up to Reef Octopus for their skimmers.

20211025_171520.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though they are not always great photos, but, they are photos none the less. I am still working on my photography, and, probably will be until the the day...well!!!

Photos are with no filter on my Samsung S20+. Trying to actually figure out the camera...UGH!!! ;Hilarious

@James_O might enjoy this, LOL!!!

20211025_183100.jpg

My elusive Crescent Tail Fairy wrasse

20211025_183043.jpg
20211025_183004.jpg
20211025_182948.jpg
20211025_182923.jpg

These are some of the fish I received from @tsmaquatics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should get my Temp replacement Trident Friday. I will not do any comparison to my KHD until I get my actual Trident back. I hate having to pay $100 for temp replacement so they can fix my Trident that was damaged during shipping. It is what it is though.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the Abyzz went up in price at @Bulk Reef Supply. The A200 went up roughly $200 and the A400 went up roughly $300. I guess someone has to pay for Bertram to make money. Little do they know that they will loose money and drive BRS into the ground in the process.

They are starting to make it easy for me to say some things. ;)

Last edited:

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the Abyzz when up in price at @Bulk Reef Supply. The A200 went up roughly $200 and the A400 went up roughly $300. I guess someone has to pay for Bertram to make money. Little do they know that they will loose money and drive BRS into the ground in the process.

Have the Abyzz pumps gone up in price elsewhere?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now the Abyzz when up in price at @Bulk Reef Supply. The A200 went up roughly $200 and the A400 went up roughly $300. I guess someone has to pay for Bertram to make money. Little do they know that they will loose money and drive BRS into the ground in the process.

Unfortunately, this was a MAP price increase from the manufacturer. Sometimes it takes a few days for all of the retailers to make the change to the price on their respective websites. Given the increasing costs to manufacture (and ship) products around the world, this probably won't be the last price increase we see in the coming months and years. None the less, it's always a bummer to see a product you want jump up in price, regardless of the circumstances.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, we will see.
If it makes you feel any better Bill, which it won’t, I paid exactly £1241.66 in August 2019 for 2 abyss a200’s for each pump

Ive just checked the price here in the UK from my supplier, and there now £1834.00 which is frankly outrageous. That’s GBP not $ but you can do the conversion

Everything in the Uk and apparently Europe is going up big time apparently due to some stupid ‘bug’ oh and don’t forget a shortage of lorry drivers!

The a400 is £2470!!!

So on a positive note, with my advice, look how much I’ve saved you!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, this was a MAP price increase from the manufacturer. Sometimes it takes a few days for all of the retailers to make the change to the price on their respective websites. Given the increasing costs to manufacture (and ship) products around the world, this probably won't be the last price increase we see in the coming months and years. None the less, it's always a bummer to see a product you want jump up in price, regardless of the circumstances.
Thank you for responding BRS.

I can respect that, BUT, why did your price jump up and Coralvues price did not? If you look at their site it is still the same price.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back