OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Florida Cerith snails that I got from Reef Cleaners. I just sent them an email as a slight transformation has me intrigued and curious. Originally, the shells were all white, now, I am seeing the front 3rd of at least half the snails turning a dark brown with a distinct separation between the two. I am curious as to what this means. Is this something else, or, does this mean that they hit breeding maturity. This is what I love about the hobby.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Bill, been awhile since i have been real time... :rolleyes:
nice to see tank shaping up...:cool:
N BABIES...:D;):)
IMG_3354.JPG

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Bill, been awhile since i have been real time... :rolleyes:
nice to see tank shaping up...:cool:
N BABIES...:D;):)
IMG_3354.JPG
I am about to take a full tank shot, AS, I am not embarrassed by the photo of my tank...LOL!!!

AaronFReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg I just read through a few pages of this to catch up and didn't find what I was looking for: I saw your post saying that the sump with the baffle removed to allow for 2 COR20s. Just want to make sure that's the Bashsea SS-48. We had talked previously about doing that in some other threads where I was talking about how I am building out the same tank you have and also have a plan for 2 COR20s (I like the one-app control vs using Mobius). If you are seeing microbubbles come through with the baffle removed, I think that'll push me to go Sapphire 44 sump once and for all. Black Friday is here and I still can't make up my darn mind o_O;Playful

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Billldg I just read through a few pages of this to catch up and didn't find what I was looking for: I saw your post saying that the sump with the baffle removed to allow for 2 COR20s. Just want to make sure that's the Bashsea SS-48. We had talked previously about doing that in some other threads where I was talking about how I am building out the same tank you have and also have a plan for 2 COR20s (I like the one-app control vs using Mobius). If you are seeing microbubbles come through with the baffle removed, I think that'll push me to go Sapphire 44 sump once and for all. Black Friday is here and I still can't make up my darn mind o_O;Playful
Removing the baffle barely gave me enough room to have 2 Cor 20's and the ATO. So if the water level dropped enough to create turbulence going into the return section, I would see mircobubbles as one of the Cor inlets is right there. I am totally redoing my return plumbing and going with a single Abyzz A200. I love my Bashsea sump, but, will ask them to build me a custom one next time because of the return section.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting to put everything I THINK I NEED for plumbing in the BRS cart. Once I get everything, I will lay out the plumbing fittings to make sure I have everything I need before tearing apart my current plumbing. Once I cut apart my current plumbing, its a rap, I have to change it. I do not want to remove it and not have every single piece I need plus 1 or 2 more extras.;)

OHHH!!! I decided to go with a single Spears Flapper check valve instead of 2 Wye Check valve. Before I had 2 dedicated returns, now, I will a single return split into 2. Installing 2 Wye check valve will add head pressure, where, a single check valve will be half of that. Since Wye check valves can't be mounted horizontally, I will install a Flapper check valve. I have not had any issues out of a Flapper check valve.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just need to order one more GHL flow sensor and I should be done ordering for my return pump retro. I will piece it out before I actually cut out the current returns. I will have to end up replacing everything from the pump to the bulkheads for the link line.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TOO busy sending texts ,and emails,even after stop requests... ;) :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went down to Orlando to take my Mom out for Thanksgiving. While I was down there I had to go by Living Reef Orlando for the Black Friday sale. I spent more money that I wanted, LOL, but why else would you go to a major LFS...LOL!!! I bought a big frag of the LRO Buzz Lightyear and LRO South Beach. Below is a picture of my Buzz Lightyear. It's hard to see the purple tips.

20211127_140845.jpg

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went down to Orlando to take my Mom out for Thanksgiving. While I was down there I had to go by Living Reef Orlando for the Black Friday sale. I spent more money that I wanted, LOL, but why else would you go to a major LFS...LOL!!! I bought a big frag of the LRO Buzz Lightyear and LRO South Beach. Below is a picture of my Buzz Lightyear. It's hard to see the purple tips.

20211127_140845.jpg
Love the Buzz lightyear Bill! It's one ive been needing to add to the collection. What frags did you get from Frag house?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Buzz lightyear Bill! It's one ive been needing to add to the collection. What frags did you get from Frag house?
I got a BC Space Laser, BC Bubblebath Unicorn, FHC Hells Angel,. JKR Tyree Rainbow. I purchased them as testers...LOL!!!

I have not ventured out to get truly high end corals yet as I do not know where my tank currently sits yet. I wasn't going to buy much from LRO, BUT, the day I left to go to Orlando, I saw the BC Space Laser under rising sun LED's and saw the bright orange/yellow polyps and said yea, maybe the tank is ready to take a chance on a higher end frags.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw their farm, and watched them pick out that frag. They have some fire coming out down the road.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny, I bought a Gryphon XL saw with the sole purpose to frag my BSA TaTa Twister Blasto's. Its kinda getting to the point where I need to, AND YET, I am scared to do so...LOL!!!

I need to frag it as its about to outgrow the 3in disk. I just wish I had some other lower end frags to practice on...UGH!!! I paid $250 a polyp, and its at almost 30 polyps now, thus, the concern and being scared.

BSA ***** blasto.jpg

And it was still slightly ticked when I took this photo. Now, it is pushing up against the glass.

@The Camaro Show

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good news I hear. That's great that you're close enough to Orlando to drive... you can hit WWC and TSA when you're ready for the big stuff! We don't have hardly anything in the Midwest. Most places are small and only offer sales online.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funny thing is, I thought I would loose the BSA TaTa Twister blaster originally. I bought several Blastos from BSA, and eventually lost all but one. BSA still owes me a few hundred dollars of credit. I only had the BSA TaTa twister blasto left. It was supposed to be a single polyp, BUT, I was sent 2 as they screwed up on their inventory. Well, being a nice person that I am, I didn't think twice about it. I placed it in the sand bed along side a $5 acan...LOL!!!. I was still somewhat new and ignorant to the aggressiveness that a acan can show. I come home from work one day and the $5 acan attacked the BSA TaTa Twister and killed one of two polyps. You can imagine what I was thinking. WELL, not only did the BSA TaTA Twister grow back, givin the right circumstances, it flourished and grew. It not only grew back that second polyp, it overgrew the plug, and thus, I had to mount it on a 3in disk.

Its just funny how a $5 acan can cause you to almost have a heart attack over a frag that is 50x more expensive, and yet, the more expensive frag prevails.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back