OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL, UPS just lost my last package of items that would have finished everything I need for the return retrofit. I just had to file a claim...UGH!!!

What is going on with UPS and FedEx? They both stink!!!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
at this point ...USPS... :rolleyes:
I WILL NEVER USE Fud Ex again...
read the fine print...;Wideyedlivestock prohibited...;Blackeye
their easy way out...:mad:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I went to look at my tank to cheer me up and I couldn't find my WWC Illuminati's. The frag broke free of the plug and floated over to the Acan. Thankfully, I found it in time and the Acan could not do anything yet. I am just having one of those days...UGH!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not posted this before. This is when I turn on my Carbon reactor after cleaning and refilling.

Some may ask why I am spending thousands of dollars to redo my returns...WELL...this is why.

The carbon reactor is on the L_RTN flow reading. Both Cor 20's are at 100 percent.

Screenshot (326).png

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not posted this before. This is when I turn on my Carbon reactor after cleaning and refilling.

Some may ask why I am spending thousands of dollars to redo my returns...WELL...this is why.

The carbon reactor is on the L_RTN flow reading. Both Cor 20's are at 100 percent.

Screenshot (326).png
I may have missed this in an earlier post, but what's your target turnover for the display?

Is the carbon reactor plumbed in line or is this off a manifold with some of the water returning to the sump?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed this in an earlier post, but what's your target turnover for the display?

Is the carbon reactor plumbed in line or is this off a manifold with some of the water returning to the sump?
My target turnover is 3x4 times. The carbon reactor is tee’d into the left return and dumped back into the sump.

I still haven’t even turned on my algae scrubber yet.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though the videography is not on par with some of the best...LOL...it is a video. I love watching my fish dive and weave when they eat.

All 6 of my tangs made an appearance in this production, LOL!!!

I do love how the Blonde Naso tang makes a center appearance at the close...Talk about a Glory hog...LOL!!!

I would click on the full picture to appreciate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a Honest person and will give credit were it is due. I will bash when I feel it is needed, BUT, I will also give praise when it is needed as well.

I have to give @Bulk Reef Supply props and praise on this one, NO QUESTION!!!

As you know, my order from BRS that had the last pieces of my return retro fit got lost by UPS. I found it and received it later on. UPS delivered it to the wrong address. I sent a email to BRS saying the package was lost. The package contained almost $300, and within a day, BRS had already started to pick and ship a new order containing the same items. I received an email from BRS saying they were sorry and they would correct the issue, little did I know that they meant that they were currently picking a replacement order. I had to call them and cancel the order, as it was the right thing to do.

So, much respect has to go out to @Bulk Reef Supply for this one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just feed my LPS in the tank, and this is why I like to do this. I just found that one of my WYE check valves has failed and is bleeding by, it probably just needs to be cleaned. Always check the check valves. I never had a flapper check valve fail on me, but, just had the supposedly superior Wye check valve fail. ;)

I think the thing we need to take away from this is that anything can fail.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a funnier note, when I feed my LPS I noticed my Eightline Flasher wrasse eating the mucus that was sent out by my WWC Rainbow blastos. I was thinking that was odd, UNTIL, I realized the wrasse was smarter than I thought. The mucus collects the Reef Roids that was soaked in Aminos, and the wrasse was getting a big dose of both. Fish are smarter than we think sometimes. ;) :cool:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are looking pretty good, but you need to get some coral in that tank!!
Starting to work on it, just want to see how these Sps do before going crazy.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its kinda funny, and annoying at the same time. I am having a hard time keeping my Alk where I want it without having to dose more soda ash. Its the coraline algae sucking it up. I can't stop it from growing...LOL!!! Some reefers have issue with it not growing, my problem is to get it to slow down. ;Hilarious

I need to get some Sodium Bicarbonate to raise my Alk. I don't like using Soda Ash as it also spikes the PH. I usually run 8.3 on my GHL and 8.5 on my Apex for PH, SO, in truth, do I need to go any higher!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its kinda funny, and annoying at the same time. I am having a hard time keeping my Alk where I want it without having to dose more soda ash. Its the coraline algae sucking it up. I can't stop it from growing...LOL!!! Some reefers have issue with it not growing, my problem is to get it to slow down. ;Hilarious

I need to get some Sodium Bicarbonate to raise my Alk. I don't like using Soda Ash as it also spikes the PH. I usually run 8.3 on my GHL and 8.5 on my Apex for PH, SO, in truth, do I need to go any higher!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Do you have a fairly empty home? I have a zoo here, so I gave up with pH on my softie tank. It sucks because everything grows slow, but all I do for the tank is a 15% water change every week, filter socks, and skimmer. It doesn't get easier than that.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a fairly empty home? I have a zoo here, so I gave up with pH on my softie tank. It sucks because everything grows slow, but all I do for the tank is a 15% water change every week, filter socks, and skimmer. It doesn't get easier than that.
My Ph in the 225. Spikes on both graphs show when I dosed Soda Ash.

Screenshot (330).png
Screenshot (329).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start doing maintenance on the tank. I replaced the powerheads on the MP pumps and removed the cages and flow directors on the Gyre's. I am soaking them now. Soon I will have complete replacements for the Gyre's so I will be able to just simply replace the flow directors and cages. I had to scrap all the coraline algae off the back wall, talk about a workout, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
adding every other day?? correct ?
I dosed on the 14th and 18th on those graphs. I almost never add to the standard dosing that is going on, but needed to in order the get my Alk back where I wanted it. It was dropping below 7.2 DKH, I like it to be at least at 8 DKH. My Dos does the standard dosing at 30ml a day. I added 100ml when those spikes happened.

Back