Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol!

Hey that inlet design is my patent and it’s protected!!
Maybe in the EU, but not here in the US...LOL!!! ;Hilarious :p :cool: ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a email on the sending of my needed parts from BRS, so kind of you @Bulk Reef Supply to be only a day late, so hopefully I will get them Friday and start to do the return retro Saturday.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I will not be changing my return section this weekend. I feel this is on @Bulk Reef Supply as I ordered Saturday of last and didn't even get a ship notice until the following Tuesday. I even ordered the extra $3 or so dollar shipping. Normally, if I order Saturday or Sunday, I will get a shipping notice that following Monday. Not sure what is going on at @Bulk Reef Supply.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, I will not be changing my return section this weekend. I feel this is on @Bulk Reef Supply as I ordered Saturday of last and didn't even get a ship notice until the following Tuesday. I even ordered the extra $3 or so dollar shipping. Normally, if I order Saturday or Sunday, I will get a shipping notice that following Monday. Not sure what is going on at @Bulk Reef Supply.
I had the same thing happen and also payed the extra few bucks. Almost didn’t pay extra figuring it would still come late

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2022, Jan 1st. Tank is coming along. Starting to add SPS corals. They look good, but you can't see them in the photos as they are just frags.

2022 first day.jpg

Still having an issue keeping the back wall clean of coraline algae...UGH!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested my N03 and P03. No3 was at 5.5 and P04 was at .06. This is low for me. I dosed 70ml of NeoPhos and will soon dose 100ml of NeoNitro to raise my nutrients. I do not believe in a ULN tank. I may need to dose more of the NeoNitro, but if so, I will do it tomorrow. I am also feeding a little bit heavier.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested my N03 and P03. No3 was at 5.5 and P04 was at .06. This is low for me. I dosed 70ml of NeoPhos and will soon dose 100ml of NeoNitro to raise my nutrients. I do not believe in a ULN tank. I may need to dose more of the NeoNitro, but if so, I will do it tomorrow. I am also feeding a little bit heavier.
What’s PO3 is that a Bill’s special nutrient!? Lol

When I set my ‘little’ glass box up, I got nitrate up to around 5-10 as quickly as I could by adding around 30 fish on day 1 and feeding them to avoid things like dinoflagellates etc.so yes I agree with that definitely

But, I kept phosphate locked down by using rowaphos from day 1 and basically skipped the ugly stages and I used it heavy to remove silicates etc from the sand. And I still use it heavy.

I agree you don’t want ULNS but phosphate (above 0.03) causes all sorts of issues, the ones we constantly read about. I can tell when it’s raised, the tank/glass looks sort of dirty.

Just my thoughts anyway, oh and we need some pictures!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone thinks because I have a Apex to GHL conversion thread that I hate and have a vendetta against Apex...WELL...I don't.

I have been having some major issues with my Apex as of the past few days. My EB832's, all 3 of them, have been having major issues with some things. I just had a on the phone meeting with them, and, though it may not be what I want to hear, it was a honestly true answer and response to my issues. In all likelihood, I will have to send in 2 of my EB832's, not the answer I wanted to hear, BUT, after watching them go thru my computer and seeing what they did and watching them interact with my Apex, I agree with Neptune on the decision.

I am not happy because it means I will have to spend more money to have them look at them and fix them...UGH!!! At the same time, as said above, I understand what they are saying, I will just have to wait to send them in as I am a bit short on funds, and I blame @SPR1968 for that, making me buy a Abyzz A200 ;) ;Hilarious :p :D.

The point is, I have had NO issue with Neptune Customer service. I have had nothing but top notch service and responses.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s PO3 is that a Bill’s special nutrient!? Lol

When I set my ‘little’ glass box up, I got nitrate up to around 5-10 as quickly as I could by adding around 30 fish on day 1 and feeding them to avoid things like dinoflagellates etc.so yes I agree with that definitely

But, I kept phosphate locked down by using rowaphos from day 1 and basically skipped the ugly stages and I used it heavy to remove silicates etc from the sand. And I still use it heavy.

I agree you don’t want ULNS but phosphate (above 0.03) causes all sorts of issues, the ones we constantly read about. I can tell when it’s raised, the tank/glass looks sort of dirty.

Just my thoughts anyway, oh and we need some pictures!
I try to keep my P04 within the margin of error on the Hanna P04, which I believe is .03.

I had to correct that, as I almost posted P03 again...LOL!!!;Hilarious:cool:;Facepalm

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now I am having more issues with my Apex. I honestly thing I am done and may sell my whole Apex system.
What’s failed Bill, I read about the energy bars?

I feel your pain, honestly, and I’m going to read through your GHL thread when I get chance

I think the electronic equipment for this hobby just isn’t up to a reasonable standard and not just Neptune. If it was medical grade or from NASA yes, but it’s not, the more technical it is, the more it causes problems It’s just hobby grade and basically rubbish.

Personally I’m back to basics on anything I buy, the less sophisticated the better.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s failed Bill, I read about the energy bars?

I feel your pain, honestly, and I’m going to read through your GHL thread when I get chance

I think the electronic equipment for this hobby just isn’t up to a reasonable standard and not just Neptune. If it was medical grade or from NASA yes, but it’s not, the more technical it is, the more it causes problems It’s just hobby grade and basically rubbish.

Personally I’m back to basics on anything I buy, the less sophisticated the better.
I am having problems with my FMM modules again. I can not manually turn on my ATO pump. I switched FMM modules and put in the module that I had Neptune check and they said was ok is doing the same thing.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just plugged in my ATO pump to the 24vdc outlet on one of my EB832's, and guess what, the pump works fine. neither one of my 24vdc outlets on 2 different FMM module work all of a sudden.

Man I can not wait for Tunze to come out with another ATO. I should have never given away my Tunze 3155.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its gonna have to be this weekend. I will have to redo my returns and change over to the Abyzz on my GHL system. I am getting tired of watching my Apex EB832's turn off the energy bar because of a so called bogus low voltage reading. It is jacking up my tank as the flow in my sump keeps changing. They use hobby grade current sensor relays at best.

As of right now, I have over $700 of Apex PAPERWEIGHTS. 2 EB832's and 2 FMM modules.

I still need to move a total of 6 items over to the GHL system. Redoing my returns will account for 2 Cor 20's.

Last edited:
Back