OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to why you didn't go with a Hydro solution on your CPU?

Love the combs on the cables. I ordered a batch of them for my GPU.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommendation you may not know but watch ph at night in the qt tanks while medicating. They can drop and weaker fish can pass over night.
Thankfully right now, I was able to catch it in its early stage, so, I am not worried about it. I have no weak fish as of yet.

I just hope I am able to maintain that. I hate QT'ing wrasse's.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to why you didn't go with a Hydro solution on your CPU?

Love the combs on the cables. I ordered a batch of them for my GPU.
Didn't see the need at the time I built it. Temps now for CPU running AC Valhalla runs around 50-54C and GPU on air at 60C. At idle, CPU 30C GPU 27C. I was thinking about upgrading but still don't see the need at those temps.

The cable extensions came with black combs but I opted for clear ones just to add to the theme. Although the black ones would match as well.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't see the need at the time I built it. Temps now for CPU running AC Valhalla runs around 50-54C and GPU on air at 60C. At idle, CPU 30C GPU 27C. I was thinking about upgrading but still don't see the need at those temps.

The cable extensions came with black combs but I opted for clear ones just to add to the theme. Although the black ones would match as well.
The Intel 12700k has a tendency to run a little hotter. The more powerful the processers and GPU's get, the more heat they produce. I also tinker around with OC'ing, so even more heat.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish trap is in the DT. I am letting them get used to it before I start to try and trap them. I had to support the trap against a rock as it kept sliding down toward the sand bed.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 fish down, 13 more to go...UGH!!! I got tired of waiting for the tangs to figure out the trap, I am draining most of my tank and will try to at least get the 6 tangs out. I feel the trap will work for the wrasses and chromis. Draining 150+ gals takes a little while.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much had to yank out most of my scape just to get the tangs out. I will likely loose a few frags as well. As of right now I have all 6 tangs in QT and my Pintail Fairy wrasse. I will try to catch the others in the trap over the next few days. What a way to spend a vacation.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Try at night with a strobe like flashlight ,a pokey stick ,and net.
3 hrs after lights out.
wish i would of said this yesterday...:(

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try at night with a strobe like flashlight ,a pokey stick ,and net.
3 hrs after lights out.
wish i would of said this yesterday...:(
They would just dart out and go into another section of the rock. I had 90 percent of my scape out yesterday and still couldn't find the 3 wrasses and 4 chromis. I will try to use the trap as I know the wrasses were all checking it out. Its the chromis that are going to be harder. The cheapest fish are going to the the biggest pain, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as it was a pain to catch just the tangs in my tank, I may not be adding the D. Sailfin tang back into my tank. Seeing it already quickly outgrow the other tangs and be the instigator in the tank, I may just rehome it. Not sure what other tang I will go back with. Since I seem to be a sucker for pain, I may go with a Sohal tang. o_O :eek: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as it was a pain to catch just the tangs in my tank, I may not be adding the D. Sailfin tang back into my tank. Seeing it already quickly outgrow the other tangs and be the instigator in the tank, I may just rehome it. Not sure what other tang I will go back with. Since I seem to be a sucker for pain, I may go with a Sohal tang. o_O :eek: :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Well I have a sailfin and a sohal!

Oh and their other ’friends’!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New computer is up and running. I am talking to you on it now. Just having built it, I am already upgrading it, LOL!!! Youbhave to be careful with the DDR5 ram, and Intel will only guarantee 4800MHz, I installed 5600MHz ram and was only able to get up to 4000MHz before having posting issues. I am changing it to 2 16G G.Skill ddr5 5600MHz ram now. I am also waiting on another 2T Samsung 2280 Pro ssd, it should arrive today. I will have to shut down the computer to install both. The ssd goes behind the EVGA 3080ti graphics card, so I will have to remove it.

20220420_115021.jpg
20220420_115140.jpg

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where you are in GA, but if you decide to get rid of the Des, let me know. I travel back and forth to FL all the time and have been looking for another one, so I could put one in the nem tank for algae control.

It would have 7' of swim room and all the macro it could eat lol.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back