CoralCandyAqua

The Candy Man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today is the day. I finalized my order and put a down payment on what will be my dream tank. I ordered a Crystal Dynamic Aquariums 225 gal tank along with metal stand. Below is what I plan on installing in the tank.

Tank and stand:
Crystal Dynamic Aquariums 225 gal 72x30x24 tank with starphire glass
Modular Marine 24 in overflow/ Blue pvc
Metal stand with Cardiff wood wrap/ black paint
Lighting brackets welded to stand

Filtration and such:
Bashsea Signature series SS-48 sump/ Black and Blue color
Bashsea 10 gal ATO tank/ Black and Blue color
Bashsea carbon reactor/ Black and Blue
Tunze 3155 ATO
Ecotech Vectra L2 return pump
Reef Octopus Regal 250SSS skimmer
2 Ecotech MP40 powerheads
Gyre XF350 with 2 Pumps
CW-200 Clear Water Scrubber

Inside tank:
180 pounds Marco Shelf rock
Several pieces of Marco foundation rock
60 pounds live rock to seed tank

Lighting:
Aquatic life non dimmable X18 T5 61 in fixture
Probably 5 XR15 G5 Blues

I will remove the Apex and modules from my existing tank and install in this tank.

May the upgrade fun begin. ;Woot ;Woot ;Woot
That's going to be a Monster!!!! Cant wait to see the progress!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's going to be a Monster!!!! Cant wait to see the progress!
LOL, Its been a monster, AND, a monster of a pain, Just keep reading, LOL!!! I guess its true that nothing big comes easy. It is still so worth it though. Its the aftermath that is the issue.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG, he is still active, LOL!!!

I am on my other computer, my original gaming setup.

I need to let the upgrade cool down a bit before I go digging into it and remove the GPU to add the 2nd ssd.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After gaming on 3 24" monitors, I am not sure if I can do the same on 3 27" monitors. All I can say is holy snikies. This 27" 2k 170Hz is the bomb, to game on 3, LOL!!!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New computer is up and running. I am talking to you on it now. Just having built it, I am already upgrading it, LOL!!! Youbhave to be careful with the DDR5 ram, and intelligent will only guarantee 4000MHz, I installed 5600MHz ram and was only able to get up to 4000MHz before having posting issues. I am changing it to 2 32G G.Skill ddr5 5600MHz ram now. I am also waiting on another 2T Samsung 2280 Pro ssd, it should arrive today. I will have to shut down the computer to install both. The ssd goes behind the EVGA 3080ti graphics card
I have absolutely no idea what your talking about! Lol

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaving the fish trap in the tank and feeding the fish from it is working, I could have caught 4 fish at one time today, but a cleaner shrimp also decided to join in, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only bright side, though little because of the cost, is that I am now fully converted to Tropic Marin Pro Turkey salt. I will switch to German salt, but, right now I have Turkey salt. @Lou Ekus, my tank is loving it so far. Even after tearing apart my tank, dumping over 180 gals of saltwater, and putting it back together in a day, my SPS and LPS look great. Though I have a long way to go, I am a believer in Tropic Marin salt.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only bright side, though little because of the cost, is that I am now fully converted to Tropic Marin Pro Turkey salt. I will switch to German salt, but, right now I have Turkey salt. @Lou Ekus, my tank is loving it so far. Even after tearing apart my tank, dumping over 180 gals of saltwater, and putting it back together in a day, my SPS and LPS look great. Though I have a long way to go, I am a believer in Tropic Marin salt.
Sounds like you have the opposite experience of most people with the salt, unless they jumped the bandwagon on a recall looking for refunds/replacements. I have a 50 o 60 kilo bag of the TM Turkey salt from a LFS that I bought and used maybe only 20 gallons of. I stopped doing water changes in general on my tank. Will need to use it when I set up the new tank / upgraded volume. Should I just go ahead and use it?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have the opposite experience of most people with the salt, unless they jumped the bandwagon on a recall looking for refunds/replacements. I have a 50 o 60 kilo bag of the TM Turkey salt from a LFS that I bought and used maybe only 20 gallons of. I stopped doing water changes in general on my tank. Will need to use it when I set up the new tank / upgraded volume. Should I just go ahead and use it?
I can only go with my experience, but, I would. I still have 3 boxes left and plan to use it. They may have had a bad batch, but, I feel all the other salt was badly criticized as a result. It happens unfortunately.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny, I started this thread as a SPS dominate tank, and with the issues I have had recently, I may go back to Lps. I love the flow of Lps, I may have just fallin into the SPS want and need. In truth I love LPS and the flow a Torch or any other Lps has. I will need to think about this as I deal with the Ick issue and still having to remove several fish and going fallow.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After gaming on 3 24" monitors, I am not sure if I can do the same on 3 27" monitors. All I can say is holy snikies. This 27" 2k 170Hz is the bomb, to game on 3, LOL!!!
I miss these days. And also don't. My favorite mmo was everquest. My favorite fps was counterstrike. After 20yrs of online play. I need a reef filled break!

Kick that ich out!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking about this as well for a bit. I will likely get rid of my D. Sailfin tang as it was a butthead and the cause of the tank stress. I will add another tang to get back to 6. Just trying to figure out which one to add. Should I add a Yellow tang, Whitetail Bristletooth tang, or my favorite and gluten for punishment Sohal tang?

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but, as of right now I am playing mad scientist with my new computer build. I am currently overclocking and testing stability, SO, I will go thru several computer crashes, LOL!!! I feel like Tim Allen right now...MORE POWER UGH UGH!!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back