Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Bill just to pick your brain more on your AWC system. You use 2 of the Versa pumps, one to remove water and one to replace the water, correct? Do you need to use a controller for this or are you just using the Mobius app?

Thinking about starting this and how to go about it. What equipment I need, ect.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Bill just to pick your brain more on your AWC system. You use 2 of the Versa pumps, one to remove water and one to replace the water, correct? Do you need to use a controller for this or are you just using the Mobius app?

Thinking about starting this and how to go about it. What equipment I need, ect.
Correct on the number of pumps. I am just using the Mobius app to control it. You will need 1/4 tubing to hook it up and an outlet for each pump. I run single Versa's, so I needed 2. If you have a mixing station then you just need to run the tubing to the mixing station for the supply and run the waste line to outside or a container. I choose outside as it made sense. I am changing 8000ml a day, so roughly 2 gals.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to watch my Blue/Green Chromis spawn today. I last saw it when I was tearing down my 120 and figured with me removing the rock to actually catch the fish, the tank parameters changed igniting the spawning behavior. I really don't know what starts the behavior, but it is cool to watch, and funny to, LOL!!!

I did start to remove the ugly tank algae, maybe that change the parameters enough, who knows.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is proof of what a fan on your sump can do. If you were like me and your tank was running warmer than you like, but wasn't sure if a chiller was necessary, then a fan is your best bet. It may not always work and you may need some more cooling. I was running between 80-81 during the day with my house ambient temp at 74 degrees. I wanted to keep the tank below 79 at peak temp. Below is a picture of before and after installing the fan.

Screenshot (73).png

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DT is on the backside of the ugly phase, but man their is A LOT of ugly, LOL!!! I got tired of letting mother nature take its course, so I am scrubbing the vast majority of the algae off of the scape and netting as much as I can. I will let the socks in the sump do the rest.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a GHL Doser 2.1 slave Black. Though I will wait until I get the IOND to activate it, I want it setup partially and in the control display beforehand. My control cabinet was shipped, but it may take me a while to set it up as I will have to modify it and I am on call for work next weekend. Good things come to those that are patient. ;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish list for the 225 is as follows, SO FAR:

4 Blue/Green Chromis
1 Yellow Flanked Fairy Wrasse
1 Pintail Fairy Wrasse
1 Blue Star/Divided Leopard Wrasse
1 Tomini Tang
1 Achilles tang

I have coming:

1 D. Sailfin Tang
1 Purple Tang
1 Gem Tang
1 Blonde Naso Tang
1 Eightline Flasher Wrasse
Maybe a Orange Back Fairy Wrasse

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully we will be having our first reef club meeting a a while in the ATL. I plan on buying a few frags that may make some freak when I am putting them into a 2 month old tank, LOL!!! The frags are SPS, and I will leave it at that. :rolleyes: ;) :D

The names JF, Big R, and RR may ring a bell.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a Orange Back Fairy wrasse from @tsmaquatics. So hopefully my fish list is done...YEA RIGHT!!! It is mostly done, but I will be patiently waiting on one or two more wrasses.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, our local club had a meeting today. It was great to see other reefers on Atlanta. I was able to buy a JF Homewrecker, BigR Walt Disney, and a TSA Fruity Pebbles from the meeting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested the Hanna Hr Nitrate checker, along with using my ULR P04 checker. Both were at 0 ppm, UGH!!! I know it was the ugly stage that locked up the N03 and P04, but still, I hate seeing 0. I dosed a ton of NeoNitro and NeoPhos. I will probably have to dose big quantities for the next several days to get the level up on a 225 gal tank.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got skimmate ?.. ;) dump it back into system,wiwd...:)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait until I get my next load of fish in a few weeks. I am having a hard time keeping N03 and P04 above 0 ppm. I am having to dose over 60ml of NeoNitro and NeoPhos daily. I may still have to add both on a dosing pump. The dry rock that is in the tank is just sucking it up.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After waiting 2 weeks, of which 1 week was it waiting at the fed ex place that was 30 miles from me, I finally received my new control cabinet yesterday. I am am starting to put it together today. I came with several broken pieces, UGH, which is why you see wood glue and clamps. I will have to modify it in several different ways to make it work. I already slide over the center partition, and after the glue drys I will drill holes to match the bottom and install it.

20210705_131245.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back