OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the first time EVER, I bought some Zoa's for my tank. I bought some WWC Illuminati's.

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K, first thing, I am 3 for 3 with the @Bulk Reef Supply $10 gift card vs gifts...LOL!!! Meaning I have received 3 $10 gift cards.

2nd, I have ordered 5 boxes of Tropic Marin Pro reef, and 3 actually showed up in their actual box. A 3rd dropped out of the bottom of the box. Tropic Marin needs to do WAY BETTER in packaging their salt.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my 5th Radion XR15 G5 Blue from Ecotech the other day. Now I need to shoehorn the 5th Radion in...LOL!!! I am a little concerned as the spread of the XR15 G5 is AWESOME!!! It doesn't leave me much room for LPS and such as I already get 200 par on the sand bed with the T5's on and the Radions at 50 percent.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 for 4 in BRS $10 gift cards...LOL!!!

My next order is more than 75, maybe even 90 percent, of the orders they will have go out, and how much do you want to bet I will get a $10 gift card tomorrow...HMMM!!!

How many 2K orders do they get?

@Bulk Reef Supply

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its almost comical to see the size of the box Abyxx ships the pump in...LOL!!! I guess they figure, if you pay that much for a pump, they better package it properly. ;Hilarious

I will take some photos later, as far as a tear down, I will let you look at @SPR1968 build thread, LOL!!! As much as I had to pay for the Abyzz A200, I am afraid to do so...LOL!!!

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

My next order is more than 75, maybe even 90 percent, of the orders they will have go out, and how much do you want to bet I will get a $10 gift card tomorrow...HMMM!!!

@Bulk Reef Supply
I feel ya. I placed 10 orders and so far I have received 9. Nothing free yet. I have no hopes of getting anything free in this next box. Funny thing is that on day 1, I placed 3 separate orders. Two of the orders were for 2 filter socks at a BOGO deal. All three orders came bundled into 1 larger box with . . . can you guess. . . 1 $10 coupon. No, not 3. 1.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how Abyzz packages their bad boy, and NOW, MY BAD BOY!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

20211203_182558.jpg
20211203_182645.jpg

Opening this thing up makes me want to do the complete return change out tomorrow, LOL!!! I still need at least 1 more GHL flow sensor to make it happen, so its a no go.

Last edited:

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feel ya. I placed 10 orders and so far I have received 9. Nothing free yet. I have no hopes of getting anything free in this next box. Funny thing is that on day 1, I placed 3 separate orders. Two of the orders were for 2 filter socks at a BOGO deal. All three orders came bundled into 1 larger box with . . . can you guess. . . 1 $10 coupon. No, not 3. 1.
Correction, I have two more orders coming in.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is how Abyzz packages their bad boy, and NOW, MY BAD BOY!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

20211203_182558.jpg
20211203_182645.jpg

Opening this thing up makes me want to do the complete return change out tomorrow, LOL!!! I still need at least 1 more GHL flow sensor to make it happen, so its a no go.
Looks mighty expensive.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on the local ARC asked me to see the actual pump, lol, so here it is. I will not remove the plastic until I actually install it.

Abyzz A200 unvailing.jpg

Macadams86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, today is the day. I finalized my order and put a down payment on what will be my dream tank. I ordered a Crystal Dynamic Aquariums 225 gal tank along with metal stand. Below is what I plan on installing in the tank.

Tank and stand:
Crystal Dynamic Aquariums 225 gal 72x30x24 tank with starphire glass
Modular Marine 24 in overflow/ Blue pvc
Metal stand with Cardiff wood wrap/ black paint
Lighting brackets welded to stand

Filtration and such:
Bashsea Signature series SS-48 sump/ Black and Blue color
Bashsea 10 gal ATO tank/ Black and Blue color
Bashsea carbon reactor/ Black and Blue
Tunze 3155 ATO
Ecotech Vectra L2 return pump
Reef Octopus Regal 250SSS skimmer
2 Ecotech MP40 powerheads
Gyre XF350 with 2 Pumps
CW-200 Clear Water Scrubber

Inside tank:
180 pounds Marco Shelf rock
Several pieces of Marco foundation rock
60 pounds live rock to seed tank

Lighting:
Aquatic life non dimmable X18 T5 61 in fixture
Probably 5 XR15 G5 Blues

I will remove the Apex and modules from my existing tank and install in this tank.

May the upgrade fun begin. ;Woot ;Woot ;Woot
Goals!!!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone on the local ARC asked me to see the actual pump, lol, so here it is. I will not remove the plastic until I actually install it.

Abyzz A200 unvailing.jpg
If I were you I would take it to piece’s before it gets wet and see how it’s put together for when you need to clean it, that’s what I did anyway. I have a spare so swap them around, I clean the dirty one in citric acid for a few days and it comes up as good as new

I only clean it about every 11 months though Just before it might get stuck and fail while I’m away!

As far as pulling the impeller out, I couldn’t bare to stick 2 screw drivers in it as per the instructions in something thats so expensive and looks so wonderful. So I emailed customer support and one of their engineers sent me a video on how to do it. The video idiots guide! Lol

They are absolute quality pumps when you see them for real

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Bulk Reef Supply
Back in the beginning of Nov. I placed an order and received no card. So I called them and asked if I was supposed to and the person said yes and to hold on they will go see if they can find one. He comes back and gives me the code, of course it's a $10 one. The kicker is 1 week later I get an email from BRS saying my coupon code will expire in a couple days and I should use it right away. This is the point that I have decided I am completely done with @BRS and will only order from them if it's the ONLY option.

They give away tons of stuff but I have not seen it go to anyone I know on here...

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you I would take it to piece’s before it gets wet and see how it’s put together for when you need to clean it, that’s what I did anyway. I have a spare so swap them around, I clean the dirty one in citric acid for a few days and it comes up as good as new

I only clean it about every 11 months though Just before it might get stuck and fail while I’m away!

As far as pulling the impeller out, I couldn’t bare to stick 2 screw drivers in it as per the instructions in something thats so expensive and looks so wonderful. So I emailed customer support and one of their engineers sent me a video on how to do it. The video idiots guide! Lol

They are absolute quality pumps when you see them for real
Definitely has some head pressure. This is a Abyzz A200.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely has some head pressure. This is a Abyzz A200.

Seems like ‘2 for the job site’ is the way to go……..! Lol

I told you they were good

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely don't have an issue growing coraline algae in the tank. I am getting some wild grow patterns though. Some almost look like a Monti Cap.

20211204_111134.jpg
20211204_111207.jpg

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lawn is done for the year, so tomorrow I will concentrate on my tank. I will try to install the 5th Radion XR15 G5 Blue. I am curious as to how the Par will change. I may actually start to plan out my replacement of my returns. I still need 1 GHL flow sensor, I know that, BUT, I need to see what else I may have forgotten. After seeing the Abyzz, I was not kidding, I want to get to done NOW!!! ;Hilarious :cool::eek:

It will take me 2 steps forward in removing myself from Apex. ;)

I printed out my orders from BRS, I will also make sure I received the plumbing fittings I order beforehand.;)

I still need to order a GHL flow sensor and at least 1 union.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be the first time I actually sent mail to Germany. I do wish you could simply register it online. It would make it so much easier.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back