OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I missed it, but what are your plans with the system? SPS? LPS? FOWLR? I'm excited to see your stocking ideas. :)
this was my previous setup. i took it down and downgraded to this peninsula tank. il be putting most of the corals from this tank. its currently kept in one of the holding tanks of a reputable LFS here in dubai. i was keeping many tangs before. sold them all except the gem tang and the kole eye tang. mystery wrasse and onyx clown.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-300gal-barebottom-reef-tank-project.181713/page-8#post-3922998

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WhatsApp Image 2017-08-09 at 5.13.00 PM.jpeg

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys. finished with the one week RODI cycle for the complete system. ive ran a phospate reactor to absorb leech of phospate from the rocks. and of course from to glue and silicones.

so drained all the water and refilled again with RODI 0 TDS water.

Theres a delay on the shipment for my RE BB double cone 250 and MP60 and some apex stuff. most probably will arrive on sat or sunday.

so the tank now is baout to be full. so im gonna mix the salt and start day 1 tommorow. il be doing the 14 day cycle of zeoviit. my target livestock date will be 6 weeks.

installed also a foscam r4 camera unfortunately doesnt support mpegstreaming and so i cant attach it to apex dashboard.

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-17 at 12.31.14 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-17 at 12.31.14 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-17 at 12.31.15 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-17 at 12.31.15 AM (1).jpeg

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WhatsApp Image 2017-08-18 at 4.59.14 PM.jpeg

Day 1 started on august 17 2017- dosed the initil dosing of zeovit bak, sponge power and start3.

il be following the 14 days cycle of zeovit but im planning to give it more time for like 6 weeks to cycle.

skimmer and wave makers still didnt make it. arrived already but still need sorting and clearing from dubai customs.

WhatsApp Image 2017-08-19 at 10.22.42 PM.jpeg

2 DOS pumps to be installed. ATK automatic top off also and my friend Sir Janci gave me the schego 300w heater.

i will update a video once i finish the cable management. till now its very messy as i didnt finalize the cable arrangement and im still waiting for the other equipments to come.

thanks guys.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Bingo.
I am interested in your zeovit approach.
Was your previous tank also zeovit?

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Bingo.
I am interested in your zeovit approach.
Was your previous tank also zeovit?

hi sir janci. first of all thanks for the heater.

ok let me share you my experience. before i was running a zeovit tank but i failed big time on the dosing of supplements. it seems that i cant fine tune the pastel colors and i have corals doing great and corals turning brown. so i decided to convert to aquaforest, it was a smooth transition and corals love the probiotic salt and the ABVE plus im dosing the Comp 1 2 3. the only problem i encounter is the brown gjelly/slime/ algae which they said over dose of carbon source and bacteria. the corals was amazing but the problem is the tank is very dirty with this brown/slime sludge. even though i decrease the dosing still i encountered same. and so i decided to use the basic zeovit ULNS + ABVE + COMP 123 and AF reef salt. many of the zeovit guys did the same and their tank made some awesome result. im hoping that my new project will become a success with zeovit + AF combination.

cpvince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez.. this is one heck of a build. I really love the aquascaping. Seems like you spent a good amount of time making it look proportional and pleasing to the eye, yet still natural.

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez.. this is one heck of a build. I really love the aquascaping. Seems like you spent a good amount of time making it look proportional and pleasing to the eye, yet still natural.
i bought around 30kg of indo live rock. strip it off everything. brushed manually cleaned, soaked in RODI water fore weeks, Brushed and cleaned manually again, dried in sunlight washed every day with RODI.

Aquascaping took me around more than a week. you know at first ul think to yourself what is it that im doing but at the end of the day u never realize that u did a very nice scape. important is u build the base and all comes after and each day i can put any branch i want and form it.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo congratulations on your state-of-the-art reef aquarium, wish you the best combining zeovit with aqua forest. If it's possible and you have some time I'll be in Dubai at the end of October so we can go in the LFS. I'll be following your progress and once again all the best, if you need anything from the US let me know and I can bring it over!!! [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bingo congratulations on your state-of-the-art reef aquarium, wish you the best combining zeovit with aqua forest. If it's possible and you have some time I'll be in Dubai at the end of October so we can go in the LFS. I'll be following your progress and once again all the best, if you need anything from the US let me know and I can bring it over!!! [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

sure sir il be glad to tour you here in dubai LFS. just send me a PM ahead bout your itinerary.

Micksfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im hooked, keep it up! Amazing tank. If corals look half as good as your setup, will be stunning.

OP
OP
Bingo

Bingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im hooked, keep it up! Amazing tank. If corals look half as good as your setup, will be stunning.
thanks, you can check my stock corals on my previous build thread the link is on the comments or check my youtube previous videos. thanks again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back