Bio-actif storage time if left mixing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JCATL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that it's recommended that water made with Bio-actif salts be used within 24-48 hours after mixing. Does this also apply if it's left continuously mixing? I left a batch mixing for around seven days (traveling) and was curious if there was any reason to not use it? Thanks!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still use it after seven days of mixing but we do not recommend to mix it this long regularly. Bacteria may start degrading the organic substances after ca. 24 hours.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that it's recommended that water made with Bio-actif salts be used within 24-48 hours after mixing. Does this also apply if it's left continuously mixing? I left a batch mixing for around seven days (traveling) and was curious if there was any reason to not use it? Thanks!

Hans-Werner replied but as you noted 24 - 48 is the best window. I'm only replying because I use the salt off and on and had similar questions early on. Now I mix and use within 24 hours.

As an aside I was looking to implement auto water changes using TM salt and asked them for suggestions since this wouldn't work with Bio-actif salts. The reply I got back was to use Pro Reef salt which I can mix and store for a good long while then manually dose Reef-actif. This would more or less accomplish the same thing as using the Bio-actif salt.

I picked up some and gave it a try. Seems interesting so far and similar results. Maybe it just makes me feel good I don't know but I always see really interesting polyp extension when using the Bio-actif salt and saw similar with Reef-actif. Softies just seem to puff up for some odd reason that I can't explain.

In any case if you want long term storage salt - pro reef. Then manually dose Reef-actif. @Hans-Werner this would be a viable option, right?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back