Bio cube as a sump

benc2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank and a 29 gallon bio cube. I am trying to turn my 29 gallon bio cube into a sump for my 75. Does anyone have an ideas on how to do this if it’s been done before and where to start? This is my first time ever using a sump and not sure where to even start.

OP
OP
B

benc2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll post a pic of it in a minute. But I have it sitting and don’t get enjoyment out of it like I used to. Also I have the 75 that’s been up and running on hang on the back filters so I thought it would be a good option to just use the bio cube as a sump or if there was a different route that would be better to go down.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be selling the BioCube and buying a 20 high, 20 long, or 29 gallon to throw under there. There are some baffle kits made for all of those. Biocubes have a nice following and would probably be sold quickly for half what it will cost you to build the purpose built sump.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be selling the BioCube and buying a 20 high, 20 long, or 29 gallon to throw under there. There are some baffle kits made for all of those. Biocubes have a nice following and would probably be sold quickly for half what it will cost you to build the purpose built sump.
I agree. Only around 75-100 bucks depending on local prices and taxes to build a nice little sump.

20 longs are on sale at Petco currently. $24.99

Simple baffle kit on Amazon. $36.99

Silicone from Lowes that works for gluing acrylic to glass (works great for sump baffles just be sure to let cure for 7 days) $24.12

Or a small tube of loctite silicone (also works well for baffles in sump, just be sure to let cure for 7 days) $4.98

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% agree.

I think it took me 2 hours to sell my biocube a few years ago. If it intact, and in good shape, won't take long to sell it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back