Biocube 16 mods

c_rob1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the 16 biocube? I've been searching for mods for the tank to see if I can upgrade anything but all the mods I see are for differect sozed cubes. Does anyone know if you can take the divider out of the first chamber (farthest from return pump) so you can put a heater in it? I have a protein skimmer in my second chamber and need a heater this winter.

Hey I have a biocube 16 what skimmer did you put in chamber 2?

Turtlewax2009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had mine for a few months and love it so far... I haven’t did any modifications at all to it so far. Everything seems fine without having to.

EB6E4794-5EC1-4ECB-915F-22E5F3E855FC.png

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is super old but if any of you still have your BioCube16 running, I’d love to get everyone to list their upgrades and mods.

Baylorman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just getting ready to set up my Biocube 16. I was wondering the same thing.

Fish_N_A_Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 16 waiting as well... still debating if I want to set it up or not though to replace my waterbox 8 gallon mixed reef tank....

Picked the tank up a couple weekends back for 75.00 with a InTank basket in it already.... tank is pristine, just need to either build a stand or go the factory (easy) route and by the black one.

Wife asked why I was buying it... told it was to be a QT tank... I forgot to mention I had a 10 and 20 gallon already for that to her.

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a Nanobox Duo retrofit - didn't want to worry about the point source of a single puck too close to the water surface. Just added a wifi smart outlet - ain't no way I'm ever buying another reef controller - those companies do not have a firm grasp on what 'pricing out of the market' means. The same technology doubling in price in 5 years is astonishingly stupid. I'll add a temp controller, and maybe a pH monitor and I'm done for tech. Smart outlets contain *more* tech than a powerbar 8 for an Apex, for example, and cost like $25.

Let's see - other mods... Not sure if I uprated the return pump or not... I may have. I think mostly, my mods are in the hood as lights. I will probably be adding a remote chaeto 'reactor' - really it's more of a remote closed fuge really. Will probably use a BRS reactor chamber and do the red strip lights on the outside with a small pump in chamber 2. I also added an ATO from autotopoff.com to my third chamber. That is controlled by my smart outlet to turn on for one minute a few times per day as a guarantee that even if the float fails, there will not be water on the floor. I have the smallest silent one pump in there, so isn't a torrent coming out. That's about it. My build is in the AIO section.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I don't have the 16 I did have a 14 until recently upgraded to a 29. First thing I did was ditch the hood and got an ai prime, with temperatures outside touching 100 there was no keeping that tank cool. With that came evaporation so in went the aqua duetto ato, mj900 was next paired with the Inline uv sterilizer. I don't know if it's the cause but the tank never really went through an ugly stage nor did any of my fish ever get sick. Next was Nitrate and phosphate control so made a fuge in chamber 2, filter floss on top of the water diverting grate-cheato-chemipure elite. Even though the cheap led strips I used were junk it always kept my nitrates at 0 and my phosphates low under 2ppm. Got a temperature controller to run a heater and a fan and it ran great with minimal maintenance. I never removed the grate in chamber 1 either as I ran my heater in chamber 3. Only thing I had in chamber 1 was my temperature probes and a mangrove.

20200113_143512.jpg
20200109_220502.jpg
20190617_171253_HDR.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back