BioCube 29 and Redsea Reefled 90

JustAnotherNanoTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone mounted a Reefled 90 on a Biocube? What are your thoughts on doing so.
Could be a great choice! I don’t know enough about that fixture itself. I run two prime HDs on my Biocube29. Love it. Might need to run that fixture atleast 8-9 inches off the water for best spread and least hotspot in the small volume of water.

Reefer Optima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't speak to the Reefled 90 & Biocube but I ran a Reefled 50 on a JBJ nanocube 24. The mount didn't really work with a plastic rimmed tank and I had to modify it to get it to work. After I bought the mounting arm they came out with the hanging kit & I would get that if I was doing it again.

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the 50 on a bio cube 29, not a horrible light. But the mounting arm doesnt work with the back of the tann, needs extra supoort or will fall in the tank. you can not adjust individual colors, just white specteum and blue, app disconnects often, and Ive see a lot of complaint about the power pack getting extremely hot - mine doesn't but recently at random I've notice mine will flicker?? After 6-8 months of use? I'm looking ag something new.

Reefer Optima

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran the 50 on a bio cube 29, not a horrible light. But the mounting arm doesnt work with the back of the tann, needs extra supoort or will fall in the tank. you can not adjust individual colors, just white specteum and blue, app disconnects often, and Ive see a lot of complaint about the power pack getting extremely hot - mine doesn't but recently at random I've notice mine will flicker?? After 6-8 months of use? I'm looking ag something new.

This was my experience too, put a polymer eraser under the rim to stabilize the mount. Had a ton of connectivity issues. I'm in the process of upgrading to a bigger tank & went with 2 AI Primes instead.

OP
OP
U

uralias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200403_120224.jpg

OP
OP
U

uralias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to cut the back and 3D printed anblock to shem it , and yes had a hard time getting light to connect

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back