Biocube 32 coral shopping

natrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a 32 Biocube set up for 4 months with 2 clowns, a six stripe wrasse, snails and crabs. I’ve also had two small coral frags - a zoa and a sinularia. Using RODI water with Red Sea Coral Pro for water changes past week. Only modifications to stock Biocube is a small wave maker on the side.
Tomorrow I’m going shopping at my lfs for:
1. More coral frags - suggestions for options and where to place in tank?
2. Considering another fish - probably blenny or goby be a fire cleaner shrimp. Favorites out there which would do well? And is a qt necessary in this situation? I’ve got one starting to cycle in case someone gets sick but do I need to qt a new fish at this time?

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions?
Acans did well for me with the stock biocube light and RS salt. Also cabbage leathers, different types of brain corals.
Good luck, nice tank and wish I still had mine.
I did upgrade the return pump and added a random flow nozzle, btw.

OP
OP
N

natrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acans did well for me with the stock biocube light and RS salt. Also cabbage leathers, different types of brain corals.
Good luck, nice tank and wish I still had mine.
I did upgrade the return pump and added a random flow nozzle, btw.
I’d love to get a BTA for the clowns, do they get stuck in the wave makers/nozzles? I’ve heard horror stories.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to get a BTA for the clowns, do they get stuck in the wave makers/nozzles? I’ve heard horror stories.
Most hobbyists would recommend that you wait a while longer before adding a 'nem to make sure your tank is mature with stable water parameters, etc.
And, not to worry, clowns are often hosted by various species of coral - mine prefer gonis.
Good luck, just go slow.

TarheelGrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful adding fish with that 6-line. They are territorial against their claimed areas, and that can be the whole tank (Except where your clowns have claimed) with a 30 gallon. Blennies and gobies can be pretty shy and can get bullied a good bit. One way to mitigate this is to re-arrange the rockscape before adding the new fish. Everyone will find new claimed areas and your new fish have a chance.

Back