Biocube 32 coralife protein skimmer and intank media basket

poppafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a biocube 32 with the coralife protein skimmer. I recently upgraded the media basket to the intank one that fits biocube 32s. I was curious to if anyone else has done this and what they've done to fit the coralife protein skimmer and the intank media basket so that both work properly. Currently I just kind of have my skimmer floating and I'm trying to find a better way to make this work. Didn't realise the pain it would be to fit them both in...
Did you ever actually get the skimmer installed with the intank media basket? If so, what chamber is the skimmer in? Did you have to modify the chamber walls by taking off the tabs?

poppafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just follow up on this. I use this set up now and it works perfectly.
So you have the skimmer in chamber 1 and the intank media basket in chamber 2? With the skimmer in chamber 1 do you have any microbubbles flowing back from the chamber 1 intake grates into the tank?

kristianosayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to clip it over the side of the chamber where the in flow holes are on the tank. My skimmer using that notch where the intank diverter goes, was the reason I haven't upgraded to the intank media baskets.

Last edited:

OneMerissa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Did u locate the video? Really need to get this squared away. I hate the stock media basket. Would like to add the Intank media basket in the second chamber… but also be able to use the Coraline skimmer…
No I’m sorry!! I tried again to search. I’m in the same boat now. I want the Intank AND keep my skimmer. I know I’m posting wayyyy late. Did you find a solution??

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the clip it comes with to hang it over the edge of chamber one. This will free up the lip for the intank media flow diverter.
FAD05B56-5AEF-4FE4-AE09-4494F0AF348B.jpeg

razorG858_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my setup is the same with the hang on clip over the intake. But my skimmer produces micro bubbles which flow back into the display and just looks unpleasant. Tried filter sponge but doesn’t help.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back