Biocube 32 coralife protein skimmer and intank media basket

lcharmeywr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a biocube 32 with the coralife protein skimmer. I recently upgraded the media basket to the intank one that fits biocube 32s. I was curious to if anyone else has done this and what they've done to fit the coralife protein skimmer and the intank media basket so that both work properly. Currently I just kind of have my skimmer floating and I'm trying to find a better way to make this work. Didn't realise the pain it would be to fit them both in...

VG30DE-TT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the "Bio-Cube" coralife skimmer? or another more universal one? mine went in the 1st chamber, which didn't affect the In-Tank diverter piece..... I can't imagine anything going into the 2nd section other that the In-Tank Rack.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is the coral life V2 skimmer, It should come with a clip that allows you to use it with other tanks. You should be able to clip it over the side of the chamber where the in flow holes are on the tank. My skimmer using that notch where the intank diverter goes, was the reason I haven't upgraded to the intank media baskets. But then I saw a video of someone who had that skimmer and they were utilizing the clip it comes with so they could still use the intank media baskets without have to alter the chambers with cutting. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I will send some photos tonight of what I am talking about.

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the "Bio-Cube" coralife skimmer? or another more universal one? mine went in the 1st chamber, which didn't affect the In-Tank diverter piece..... I can't imagine anything going into the 2nd section other that the In-Tank Rack.
It is the coralife skimmer, which I have setting in the first chamber , nothing but the intank brand media basket. I currently am using the coralife skimmer with the original media basket that came with the aquarium … but I ordered the Intank brand media basket and am wanting to use the skimmer with that but the anchor for them both are suppose to set on the same wall

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is the coral life V2 skimmer, It should come with a clip that allows you to use it with other tanks. You should be able to clip it over the side of the chamber where the in flow holes are on the tank. My skimmer using that notch where the intank diverter goes, was the reason I haven't upgraded to the intank media baskets. But then I saw a video of someone who had that skimmer and they were utilizing the clip it comes with so they could still use the intank media baskets without have to alter the chambers with cutting. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I will send some photos tonight of what I am talking about.
Pictures would help a lot. Thank you

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw on youtube video you can cut a notch in the diverter to hang the skimmer on... I'll see if I can locate the clip
Hello. Did u locate the video? Really need to get this squared away. I hate the stock media basket. Would like to add the Intank media basket in the second chamber… but also be able to use the Coraline skimmer…

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll test it tonight and see if it works. Then I will take a photo :)
Pictures would help a lot. Thank you
I’ve seen the video I think. But they were using the Tunz 9001 skimmer and they had to cut the third chambers lip… I’m not using the Tunz skimmer I’m using the Coraline cube skimmer …

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a biocube 32 with the coralife protein skimmer. I recently upgraded the media basket to the intank one that fits biocube 32s. I was curious to if anyone else has done this and what they've done to fit the coralife protein skimmer and the intank media basket so that both work properly. Currently I just kind of have my skimmer floating and I'm trying to find a better way to make this work. Didn't realise the pain it would be to fit them both in...
I’m look for the same idea… I’m currently still using the stick media basket to try to figure this out as well. Let me know what u decided to do please.

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• F3B2ADD3-C061-4643-B48E-BE458708B5CA.jpeg
    F3B2ADD3-C061-4643-B48E-BE458708B5CA.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 200

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 28D08753-E8AF-47E0-B3BB-45C9BA163629.jpeg
    28D08753-E8AF-47E0-B3BB-45C9BA163629.jpeg
    110.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 0F4F8D50-2787-46DA-82E8-8E222CA78435.jpeg
    0F4F8D50-2787-46DA-82E8-8E222CA78435.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 184

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen the video I think. But they were using the Tunz 9001 skimmer and they had to cut the third chambers lip… I’m not using the Tunz skimmer I’m using the Coraline cube skimmer …
I've seen that one as well. Its not the one I was taking about. The video I saw was actually someone reviewing the coral life V2 skimmer. Thats when I saw he was using the the clip on the skimmer and appeared to have the intank media baskets. I apologize for not getting being able to try it on my own setup and taking a picture of what I mean. I will see if I can get to it tonight.

here is the video I was referencing above . Skip to about minute 1:42

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same skimmer in my Biocube 32. I have it in the first chamber with my heater. It is clipped on the wall between the first and second chamber. I pitched the media basket when I got the setup. I did a similar set up as can be seen on YouTube if you search Coralife Biocube Basics Simple Filter Modifications in the second chamber. I hope this helps.

Canuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another video showing the use of the arm with the biocube along side with the INTANK media basket showing what I meant.

Thanks, that’s very helpful!

has anyone run with this set up, and how have they liked it? I’m thinking of doing the same

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back