Biocube 32 Gal Real Water parameters??

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I started a biocube 32 and i made the mistake of not tracking how much water is in my tank after a couple water changes. I know it says 32 gallons, but does that include the water in the sump? If so, how big is the actual tank really?

On a second note..i added too much dry rock at first. I was only able to put about 20 gallons of water in my "32 gallon tank" so i took some rock out. I didn't track exactly how much water i added. The sump makes it confusing. Thanks in advance.

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they include the sump in the capacity for AIO tanks.

If the aquascape was what you liked and had room for fish there is no such thing as too much rock. In setting up my new 25gal lagoon I only added 19 gallons of water after sand and rock were in, just to give you and idea.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they include the sump in the capacity for AIO tanks.

If the aquascape was what you liked and had room for fish there is no such thing as too much rock. In setting up my new 25gal lagoon I only added 19 gallons of water after sand and rock were in, just to give you and idea.
19 in a 25 is only 6 gallons lost tho. 20 gallons of water in a 32 gallon tank seems like a huge waste to me. Plus, the less water volume the less fish i can have. Id like 4-5 fish eventually.

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
19 in a 25 is only 6 gallons lost tho. 20 gallons of water in a 32 gallon tank seems like a huge waste to me. Plus, the less water volume the less fish i can have. Id like 4-5 fish eventually.
I should have added that it is pretty minimal and far as the amount of rock I put in as I wanted more space on the sand bed.
My friends biocube is stacked all the way up the back and sides leaving a small exposed sand area. It just comes down to taste. With that many fish just be sure to leave plenty of caves and hiding spots for them to call home.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have added that it is pretty minimal and far as the amount of rock I put in as I wanted more space on the sand bed.
My friends biocube is stacked all the way up the back and sides leaving a small exposed sand area. It just comes down to taste. With that many fish just be sure to leave plenty of caves and hiding spots for them to call home.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ive read that caves are important so each fish can have its own little territory, but out of all the things ive dealt with setting up a tank aquascaping is definitely the most stressful lol. Im not sure how people make their tanks look so seamless. But i haven't gotten my first fish yet, so i can and should still add more rock.

My first fish is going to be a royal gramma and i want a blenny eventually.. not sure what else tho.

Ta2oodfreak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ive read that caves are important so each fish can have its own little territory, but out of all the things ive dealt with setting up a tank aquascaping is definitely the most stressful lol. Im not sure how people make their tanks look so seamless. But i haven't gotten my first fish yet, so i can and should still add more rock.

My first fish is going to be a royal gramma and i want a blenny eventually.. not sure what else tho.
I can't tell you how many times I have rescaped my 180g tank...my 13.5 was one chunk that had a cave already and I pulled some specific rocks I liked from the 180 and storage for the 25. And I will probably still add or rearrange....lol.

Do a little reading on what guys have asked for stocking suggestion wise for your tank. Im sure a ton will pop up in search or just search nano stocking and see what catches your eye. Then read up on each fish before pulling the trigger.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell you how many times I have rescaped my 180g tank...my 13.5 was one chunk that had a cave already and I pulled some specific rocks I liked from the 180 and storage for the 25. And I will probably still add or rearrange....lol.

Do a little reading on what guys have asked for stocking suggestion wise for your tank. Im sure a ton will pop up in search or just search nano stocking and see what catches your eye. Then read up on each fish before pulling the trigger.
Thank you for the responses i really appreciate it. I'll def look into all that

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok this is an older thread, but I wanted to post this in case someone needs to know the information.
With the pump off and no other equipment or filter media, the max amount of water in the tank is 30 gallons.

With the return pump turned on and water level in the pump chamber at 3/4 full to maintain proper water flow thru the filter chamber, the actual amount of water in tank is 29.5 gallons

So with approx 20 lbs of live rock and 1 inch of sand, probably end up with about 23 gallons of water

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back