Biocube 32 (Stock Lighting) Montipora Growth

NanoCube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have has a Biocube 32 LED ( STOCK lighting) set up for about 5 years now. Rocks and biomedia from a 55g so biologicaly speaking it is over 10years old. At this point perimeters are more stable than I am. Although that might not be saying much. in the past 6months I have started taking heavy interest in trying to grow some different corals.

Currently i have Steven the Hammer coral who has been fragged more times than I can count because he will not stop growing. A once beautiful maze brain named Bruno, we don’t talk about how as soon as I altered parameters from zero to 10 nitrate he pretty much died off and my heart broke. Trying to revive him. and various other micromussa, Zoanthids , and LPS. wanted to try SPS

I added a Toxic Montipora( I think? Thats what it is) to the top of my tank and Just wanted to share growth photos. So far the only thing I will say about stock lighting is the Monti lost some of its vibrancy but the growth rate is great! Some dark edges which have shown up as well. But over all It is surviving to my surprise!Just wanted to share some experience with Montipora in a stock Biocube. Photo is of 2months growth vs day 1
37BEC1C9-4D82-4A11-A902-5C48434A2C4C.jpeg
49F2B8F6-162B-4BFE-858D-A42CD9A9C832.jpeg

Back